• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Italian made Eagle on cap.

greg koepp
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Gregory Koepp View Post
      Well I have a few items I can throw in, here's my poster.

greg koepp
      Greg , Is the poster original can't tell from the photo, but the good one are usually on thin stock.

Do you think the hat is Org. Todt.

Comment

A very nice group of items Dennis.

Greg I believe your poster is a reproduction.

Compare it to this photo below.

I'm no expert on the Italian language but I believe there are these problems with the poster.

1. The soldier is in black and white when he should be in color.

2. The soldier is cropped at the waist cuttiing of some of the drawing.

3. The letter "O" in the word "ARRUOLARSI" has been changed to a "D"

4. It has no accent on the "A" in "FEDELTÀ".

I had to do this analysis with a member on another forum for the same poster.

The Italian members here can correct me if I got any of the language stuff wrong.

Last edited by TonyS; 05-14-2008, 11:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyS View Post
          A very nice group of items Dennis.

I'm no expert on the Italian language but I believe there are these problems with it.

The Italian members here can correct me if I got any of the language stuff wrong.

Good eye Tony.

Comment

Italian made Eagle on cap.

greg koepp
            Nice cap. It looks Italian in style BUT it is an "SA Wehrmann-mutze"!
            Here's another one:
            Attached Files

Comment

tag

inside tag. (Its for sale in Germany)
              Attached Files

Comment

well I know the poster I showed is good, it came out of a old collection and the collector knows his stuff. I must say the one that your showing looks like it's fake.? Also I have read some where that these posters were remade for distribution, I sure can't remember where I read it, but when I was collecting Posters I seen many and really researched the more rarer ones. Also the Unforms are differnt if you look at the details, like buttons and many other items, the one I posted has real looking ones than the left one. I feel if someone was going to make a reproduction of the poster on the left he wouldn't re-due the complete poster as they are, also the makers in the left corners are different too, so they are not meant to be remakes with accidental mistakes, otherwise they would have kept both the same. Interesting... so now when I get time I'm going to have to research more.

Here's a shot of the front of the cap I showed, I would think the German or Italian who wore this had the Eagle made to add on. I have a few more Italian made Eagles I'll show too. But I think I shouldn't go off another direction as this posting is on 29th Div??

greg
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Gregory Koepp; 05-15-2008, 12:21 AM.

Comment

I have a few more Italian made Eagles I'll show too. But I think I shouldn't go off another direction as this posting is on 29th Div??

greg

yes please, open an other thread in the Heer Forum: it seems to be an interesting subject.

Comment

well I know the poster I showed is good, it came out of a old collection and the collector knows his stuff. I must say the one that your showing looks like it's fake.? Also I have read some where that these posters were remade for distribution, I sure can't remember where I read it, but when I was collecting Posters I seen many and really researched the more rarer ones. Also the Unforms are differnt if you look at the details, like buttons and many other items, the one I posted has real looking ones than the left one. I feel if someone was going to make a reproduction of the poster on the left he wouldn't re-due the complete poster as they are, also the makers in the left corners are different too, so they are not meant to be remakes with accidental mistakes, otherwise they would have kept both the same. Interesting... so now when I get time I'm going to have to research more.
                    greg
                    Hopefully an Italian member will comment on this poster. Especially on the the strange spelling discrepancies between the two.

ETA - here is an original version from Raffaello Carola<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_2227592", true); </SCRIPT> the moderator in the Italian and Axis forum.

From this thread:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...italian+poster

<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_2227592", true); </SCRIPT>
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by TonyS; 05-15-2008, 01:51 PM.

Comment

This poster is one of the rarest of the RSI and I'm afraid Tonys is right.
                      Among other differences the signature of Gino Boccasile the prolific genius who made this and many other posters depicting the most beautiful and dramatic WW2 artwork. is completely missing. Besides that no italian printer would have misspelled "Arruolarsi" (enlist) or "Fedeltà" (Loyalty)...
                      Here is a picture of the artist and some of his works for the italian SS.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Krieg777; 05-15-2008, 03:14 PM.

Comment

another RSI/Italian SS poster
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by TonyS View Post

I'm no expert on the Italian language but I believe there are these problems with the poster.

Hello,

agree with Tony no accent on the "A" in FEDELTÀ is an real great
                          grammatical error for an italian , the color of orginal wartime poster
                          are different, the words style not is correct.
                          cheers, Raffaello
                          "six italians, dressed in rather unusual diving suits and equipped with materials of laughably little cost have swung the military balance of power in the Mediterranean in favour of the Axis".

Comment

another
                            Attached Files

Comment

Hello,
                              an good thread about the propaganda war artist Boccasile poster
                              cheers, Raffaello
                              http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ight=Boccasile
                              "six italians, dressed in rather unusual diving suits and equipped with materials of laughably little cost have swung the military balance of power in the Mediterranean in favour of the Axis".

Comment

Thanks for your input guys.

I'm sorry for Greg though - it sucks to find out this information.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X