No announcement yet.

29th Div. Italian SS insignia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think I picked this one up at the Frankfurt fleamarket, when I was in Germany the last time in 1987. It was at the slaughter house location then, since they had shut down the one stretched all along the Main River bank. I think I paid a couple of marks for it, but really knew nothing about it. What do you think? Repro or original? I may get a chance to dig it out and take a better photo later if anyone wants to see one.

Ron

Comment

Sorry Ron on #2 The cloth one is a fake and a fantasy . Its not really trying to copy a real one. I believe these flooded into market in the 80's

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis S View Post
        Sorry Ron on #2 The cloth one is a fake and a fantasy . Its not really trying to copy a real one. I believe these flooded into market in the 80's
        Dennis,

Thanks. I always thought it looked "funky", but no big loss......only had about a little over a dollar in it.

Ron

Comment

I agree with Dennis, it's a well known fake...unfortunately!
          Regarding Greg's red collar tab with runes, even if runes weren't allowed on red tabs, but sometimes seen for studio pictures purposes, I must admit it's realistic and well done!
          Great thread my friend! And it's not over yet...
          Francesco

Comment

Hi,

Great thread with great items
            I would like to see some helmets and tunics....of these Italian Brave soldiers

regards

Comment

What I'm going to show is something really hard to find...
              It's the first time I show it.
              It's an untouched Italian SS officer shirmutze, made in Italian gabardine, white waffenfarbe, black velvet (probably silk velvet) band, Lorioli zamac eagle and monkey-head style totenkopf. As you can notice front eagle is positioned in upper position if compared to normal German ones, which is tipical of Italian SS, as you can see in original pictures. If you observe this cap you'll notice how is well realized, on the contrary of many people think Italian made shirmutzes keeps an high level.
              Personally I consider it one of my "jewels"...I really hope you appreciate it.
              Francesco
              Attached Files

Comment

skull
                Attached Files

Comment

eagle
                  Attached Files

Comment

inside
                    Attached Files

Comment

That would be the highlight of any collection in my view! Congratulations! Very rare indeed and priceless! No maker info/sweatshield inside...interesting, so Italian made. Thanks for showing!!! Nick

Comment

Francesco,

You have showed the hat that I dream of! This is the rarest Waffen-SS hat I could imagine and something I had hoped to see, for many decades.

Thank you for treating us to this wonderful hat.

Bob Hritz
                        In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

Salve Francesco,

You make me mad.....

Congratulations.Really Really BEAUTIFUL!!! ~
                          The best ever seen around (the few)

Saluti,

Ciano

Comment

Is a pleasure to see again this cap !!

Francesco

Comment

That hat is my Holy Grail Unbelievable and spectacular.

Comment

Thanks to all of you. When I posted it I was hoping you would have appreciated it...even because this cap is my favorite one.
                                In my opinion in some way this is the "textbook" for an Italian SS cap, even if a real textbook doesn't exist since it's a kind of cap hardly ever seen around.
                                I agree about rarity, it's absolutely one of the rarest SS shirmutze.
                                Francesco

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X