29th Div. Italian SS insignia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

29th Div. Italian SS insignia

Good day gentlemen! As "first thread" in WA I'd like to show and share with you a couple of SS insignia destined to Italian SS Division.
    The first one is a collar tab insignia made in zamac and produced in 1944 by Lorioli (Milan) as a result of an order made directly by German SS. It represent three arrows (whose meaning can be roughly translated in "Feel, Think, Want") kept together by a rope and the ITALIA motto. It's a quite unusual and hard to find item.
    The second item is the famous zamac eagle used by Italian SS on shirmutze (front) and feldmutze (left side). It's made in zamac (nickeled) too (and realized by the same producer) with two back prongs. Lots of fakes are often encountered especially of this second item, made in various materials (silver, sterling, brass..) and marked in odd ways (Rome 1944...etc..). The only metal type officially ordered, realized and surely proved to be original is the zamac one.
    I hope you enjoy and appreciate these pics...
    Francesco

tab insignia
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Nostradamus; 04-28-2007, 03:32 PM.

eagle front
    Attached Files

Comment

eagle back
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi Francesco,
        glad to met you here.
        Nice and very rare insignia!!

Congrats,
        Francesco

Comment

Welcome to the SS forum.

I have looked for the 'arrows' collar insignia for20 years and have never found one.

Thank you VERY much for posting these fine insignia.

Bob Hritz
          In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

Wow, yeah that collar tab device is super rare!.. There's a famous period photo floating around with the tab in wear..

So originals of the eagle can only be in Zinc [zamac] or a nickled plated Zinc....Thanks, excellent information..Thanks for showing them. ,G.

Comment

Gaspare the foto you are referingis, I suppose, the one with the italian officer wearing a german helmet and modified tunic. He is, since is still alive and good friend of mine, Pio Filippani Ronconi. A few people know that he was indeed one of the designers of he three arrows tab insignia!
              Pleased that you like them!
              Francesco

Comment

I love the tab device also. I have been looking for years also.
                If you have any Italian SS wartime photos, please add them to the below link
                Thanks

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ght=italian+ss
                Last edited by Dennis S; 04-28-2007, 11:41 PM.

Comment

Hi Dennis! Pleased to meet you here too!
                  I add the photo of the back of the three arrows insignia (you can easily notice the place where prongs were supposed to be) and the well known picture of Pio Filippani Ronconi wearing the same kind of insignia.
                  Lorioli realized also the "rank star" for Italian SS and a particular skull (TK), is anybody able to show this one?
                  Francesco
                  Attached Files

Comment

Pio Filippani Ronconi
                    Attached Files

Comment

Great detail on those items, very fine. I opened this thread expecting to see fakes and I am pleasantly surprised. Thanks for posting.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Pittman View Post
                        Great detail on those items, very fine. I opened this thread expecting to see fakes and I am pleasantly surprised. Thanks for posting.
                        Well! Pleased to surprise you!
                        I'll try to do something more...
                        Salty, complete and genuine Italian SS pieces do exist but they are among the rarest of all SS items since after the war ended to be found with those items was meaning to be condemn to immediate death...
                        I'll show one NCO feldmutze untouched and with great patina that seems to say "I was there..." Even if it's not in mint condition I like it much more than unissued items, and I hope you like it too...
                        One botton tipical SS style cap, Italian made zamac side eagle and zamac "monkey head" totenkopf probably italian made since has no marks on back...
                        Francesco
                        Attached Files

Comment

eagle
                          Attached Files

Comment

skull
                            Attached Files

Comment

inside
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X