Would this one (dealer offering) stand a chance of being good? Nick
            http://www.pandkmilitaryantiques.com...0cap%204-4.JPG

Comment

Any good part 2

What about this one guys?
              http://www.thuringenmilitaria.com/pi...sleeveagle.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by NickG View Post
                Would this one (dealer offering) stand a chance of being good? Nick
                http://www.pandkmilitaryantiques.com/products/Italian%20SS%20M43%20cap%20
                4-4.JPG
                The hat doesn't look Italian to me not even home brew. The eagle is hard to tell from the pic .It looks aluminum and it should be zamac.

Comment

Originally posted by NickG View Post
                  Its been on thier site for a dogs age. Looks Italian made but you will never know when. I wouldn't add it to my collection for any big money.

Comment

I would avoid both, cap and bullion eagle. I've seen a lot of fake Italian SS bullion eagles and this one seems to be one of those...
                    Francesco

Comment

Originally posted by Nostradamus View Post
                      I would avoid both, cap and bullion eagle. I've seen a lot of fake Italian SS bullion eagles and this one seems to be one of those...
                      Francesco
                      OK Francesco and Dennis, understood...stay away! I had my doubts on the black M43 with the (home made?) payama lining...but the eagle looked promising but I guess not... oh well!
                      Great thread by the way! Thanks for your expertise! Nick

Comment

Originally posted by Nostradamus View Post
                        Francesco
                        Yes i agree with Nostra! Bullion eagle don't look very good.
                        About that in metal the pic is it too much little, in that case looking the rear is it better than the front to have an idea about the originallity of the piece.
                        15 years ago in Germany was existed fakes of metal italian's SS eagles.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveJ View Post
                          my contribution
                          Hallo Dave the bullion eagle on the top looks like one publisched on a book, (Angolia? i don't remember) that badge was from Franco Scandaluzzi's collection, excese me, i'm have some little doubts about it.

Comment

RSI Cap

I realize that this cap has little to do with the Italian SS but its shape is very much German inspired and the materials used are the same as seen on Waffen SS caps made of Italian captured matrials... Also because Italian experts have been on this thread I thought lets post it here for opinions... Its for sale for a lot of money... before I give away the source (dealer), first some opinions please... Any good? here we go... Thanks Nick
                            Attached Files

Comment

front

cap badge
                              Attached Files

Comment

liner

Liner with maker info!
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X