No announcement yet.

29th Div. Italian SS insignia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here some more pictures that I post on behalf of NickG, and I leave all the description to the owner!
    Francesco
    Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for posting Nostradamus! This is a 1st model Italian tropical (slip on style) "camiciotto" tunic in "olona" cotton (with matching pants) with 29th Division insignia displayed. The rank collar tab does not match the rank chevron obviously, but I don't think its that crucial, as it could be a field promotion or just "make do with what they had" situation... This impression was created with all original insignia and gear. The Italian web belt is actually a trousers belt but sometimes also seen worn as make shift outer gear belt! The holster in Italian green leather is modeled after a German design. The tool case is for the Breda heavy machine gun. Again thanks for posting for me Francesco! ciao! Nick
          Last edited by NickG; 05-06-2007, 01:27 PM.

Comment

I bought these at auction.They were advertised as German Political tabs. What is your opinion . I bought them in hope they were Italian SS but the color is a little more of an orange/red.
            Attached Files

Comment

Nick, I don't like the eagle on the tunic . Sorry.I don't accept that one as an original, Its too thick and the fletching on the lower feathers are too rounded.
              IMO

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis S View Post
                Nick, I don't like the eagle on the tunic . Sorry.I don't accept that one as an original, Its too thick and the fletching on the lower feathers are too rounded.
                IMO
                Thanks for your opinion Dennis, if it is a repro, they did a pretty decent job, it even has the proper green backing and very good quality embroidery... I've always known that all the BeVo made red and black types and the embroidered versions green/red with the black highlights are no good, but my sleeve example sure looks "right"! I recall reading another post on this topic, and after finding and rereading it, I noticed that you were the author (posting it many years ago), explaining again about the rounded fletching issue on the wings (as opposed to being more pointed), but I've always theorized it was just a makers variation or something... Thanks for your input! Nick

PS: in Hayes and Maguire's book "Uniforms of the Third Reich" P.195 depicts a non standard Italian green wool 29th Div uniform with a black Italian sleeve eagle with square wing fletching and on p.202 a summer tan uniform with red insignia including a twin of my red arm eagle...thick with identical round wing fletching... so that must be a problem tunic based on your info... So both examples in this book appear without the pointed fletches...which per your theory being the acceptable style... Pictures to follow!
                Last edited by NickG; 05-05-2007, 11:59 PM.

Comment

SS RED TABS ... Do They Make the Grade?? Dave

Love this thread as the SS 29th is such a fascinating (but poorly understood) unit.

Check these out & let me know if they "...make the Grade.." with those of you who are in the know.

Txs,
                  Dave
                  dblmed
                  Attached Files

Comment

Red Tabs # 2

Red Tabs # 2
                    Attached Files

Comment

Red Tabs # 3

Red Tabs # 3
                      Attached Files

Comment

Red Tabs # 4

Red Tabs # 4
                        Attached Files

Comment

Red Tabs # 5

Red Tabs # 5
                          Attached Files

Comment

Red Tabs # 6

Red Tabs # 6
                            Attached Files

Comment

Red Tabs # 7

Red Tabs # 7

Ready to hear from the Jury....

Txs,
                              Dave
                              dblmed
                              Attached Files

Comment

Apart from the fact that red tabs with runes are something "out of the rule" by themselves, since they were not seeking the rule...
                                Giving an opinion on Dave's tabs is quite difficult due to the poor quality (and scarce light) of the pictures...
                                But when I see this kind of tabs, I must admit, I'm always very suspicious...
                                Can you post brighter and with higher definition pics?
                                Francesco

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X