No announcement yet.

29th Div. Italian SS insignia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I d leave it where it is. It is supposed to be an M44 Black Brigade cap, but the construction is not the correct one for that kind of headegar; more over the complete absence of patina makes everything more suspicious. If this very scarce cap had any chance of beign original, it 'd have sold a long time back.

this of course is only my opinion..

Comment

I'd pass on it too...IMHO.
      Francesco

Comment

Thanks for your opinions. Its for sale on Manions which is probably not a good sign... as they have a spotty record.... but I have been lucky with them in the past... Starting bid for the cap is $950... OUCH! and no bidders as of yesterday...
        Last edited by NickG; 07-28-2007, 09:44 PM.

Comment

Set aside the black brigade insignia , What is the opinion of this Padova made M-43 style hat in general.I understand they made hats for the Germans and Italians.
          I also understand the Padova marking should appear a certain way. How does this one stand up. I remember last year a board member had a stripped one or unissued for sale for about 350.00 .

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis S View Post
            Set aside the black brigade insignia , What is the opinion of this Padova made M-43 style hat in general.I understand they made hats for the Germans and Italians.
            I also understand the Padova marking should appear a certain way. How does this one stand up. I remember last year a board member had a stripped one or unissued for sale for about 350.00 .
            I don't know about this "Italmoda" manufacturer: for sure Berven were tailoring uniforms and caps for Germans and Italians as well, but also in this case what is mainly circulating now is something that makes many advanced collectors very suspicious. This one is supposed to be an M44, but the known originals are having some different details that here are missing.
            This one has been on sale on that site for at least 4 months, and one year back it has been offered to me by an Italian dealer (if it was not this one, it was its doppelgänger) - believe me, if this one had any chance of being genuine, now it will not be there.

Paulie

Comment

Hallo boys!
              Nick I have lot of doubts on tha m.44 stile cap!! In the last years come on the market lot of this stile caps but no one used!!
              The problem of this cap is it the clotho of support of the badge is it the same of tehe rest of the cap! Quite impossible thing for the italian embroyed badges, other problems about the red thread of the badge what looking in cotton thread usually during the last years of the WW2 was in rayon, infact the cotton was a strategic fibre in Italy and from the 1940 lot of badges and the linings of the jackets was made in rayon cloth. The badge look perfect then more 60 years!!
              About BerVen (Berrettificio Veneto) and Italmoda troop caps i have always my doubts, too much new pieces on the market. The only sure m.44 caps are that in summers cloth, in greygreen, sand, and black color, m.44 in greygreen and black wool cloth are always suspicious!!
              The original caps in summer cloth are very rare, in the past years was find some of this but the linings are in different cloths and colors, some originals m.44 caps in grey green and blue cloth are marked Brambilla and this was find in the middle of 80 years in Milan, like construction and materials are all differents from the Berven type.

BerVen sure made caps for the Royal Army but i don't know during the RSI era, lot of collectors talk about germans and italians caps made during this periods but for the moment are all speculations because we never see one without problems or one used, all this caps on the market are suspicious.

Italmoda (what i think exist at the our days too) work for the RSI Army during the war but logos and quality was excelent are know berets for the X° Mas made from that factory.
              The mark in that cap are too much similar with the BerVen logo for not to be suspicios!! Same letters, same colors same size of the caracthers ect..

Here some examples of original m.44 caps, difficolt to remake copies because the cloth are impossible to find!!

http://blitzkriegmilitaria-forum.com...read.php?t=241

Comment

Lafitte, you are making valid points. Thank you for your assessment! Run from this one!!! Nick

Comment

Yes Nick we aren't too far from the reality with this ideas, i will leave that cap!!!

Comment

More 29th........

We need MORE Postings on the 29th........

Too Exciting ...... to allow to linger......... Dave/dblmed

Comment

I agree with Dave...c'mon, show us something! I already showed almost everything related.
                      Francesco

Comment

I am reviving this thread with my latest acquisitions .

Lorioli skull (my first Lorioli)

Variation Italian SS eagle on red

pair of italian SS EM boards red (match for my single vet pick up)

I can't believe I know own more than one complete set of boards on red

Lets not let this thread die .
                        Attached Files

Comment

Stunning

WOW congrats, stunning material Dennis!

Comment

great found Dennis. In Italy we have a collector wiht fantastic nco pair.
                            I hope he'll want post here.

Comment

Check out my NCO ones earlier in this thread

Comment

Well I have a few items I can throw in, here's my poster.

greg koepp
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X