No announcement yet.

29th Div. Italian SS insignia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I want to brush up on this beautiful thread by posting these two collar tabs.
    I would be happy to know, if they are original Dachau collars or they are of the most recent reproductions.
    Thank you very much to those who want to remove this doubt!
    Best!
    Gian.
    Attached Files

Comment

I don't think these tabs are for Italian SS , they also look bad to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Askold View Post
        I don't think these tabs are for Italian SS , they also look bad to me.
        Agree.

Erik

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Hritz View Post
          Welcome to the SS forum.

I have looked for the 'arrows' collar insignia for20 years and have never found one.

Thank you VERY much for posting these fine insignia.

Bob Hritz
          Here's your chance, Bob...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/RSI-SS-Ital...16.m2518.l4276

Not even going to venture a guess on the authenticity of this, has rough edges but there things are evidently rare as hen's teeth
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Brig View Post

Not even going to venture a guess on the authenticity of this, has rough edges
            but there things are evidently rare as hen's teeth

ORIGINAL no doubt.
            Best
            Raff
            "six italians, dressed in rather unusual diving suits and equipped with materials of laughably little cost have swung the military balance of power in the Mediterranean in favour of the Axis".

Comment

Originally posted by jules61 View Post
              I want to brush up on this beautiful thread by posting these two collar tabs.
              I would be happy to know, if they are original Dachau collars or they are of the most recent reproductions.
              Thank you very much to those who want to remove this doubt!
              Best!
              Gian.
              They are definitely made to deceive and are Extremely good reproductions in my opinion. If they were original they could have been for Italian Waffen-SS and not for SA Führung.

Comment

Well considering whatever the red tabs are . No one held that rank with red Tabs in the Italian SS highest rank held was brigadefuhrer by an Italian .

Brigadefuhrer Mannelli is on the right in light colored tunic
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Dennis S; 04-21-2020, 08:26 AM.

Comment

I found this semi dangerous new fake on the internet . As you can see the feathers under the wings are not as rounded as the older fakes. Some of the embroidery is still off . If someone were to rough up the front obscuring the detail might deceive .
                  I’ve never had it in hand so I don’t know what the back looks like or material used.

Usually the first tell on the older fakes is the rounded under feathers , these are not perfect but definitely pointier .

This is a public service announcement ☠️
                  Attached Files

Comment

Hello guys! I would like to have your opinion about this Eagle. I think that this has got all the features of an original one and a lot of italian experts like it. I just want to be sure of its originality. Thank you with advance.

Comment

Comment

Sorry item is a repro.

Rene Chavez
                        www.foreignvolunteerlegion.com

Comment

It's certainly not the same as the examples I've seen before and the one in my collection.

Alen Davidson

Comment

Originally posted by Rene Chavez View Post
                            Sorry item is a repro.

Rene Chavez
                            www.foreignvolunteerlegion.com
                            Hi guys, thank you for reply. Can you give me more details? I wont to compare the informations you will give to me with the ones I have.

Comment

I just want to say that the strangers dark dots you see on the back are because the badge was attached with glue on a surface. Is not a problem of stamp or matherial which is made on.
                              ​​​

Comment

Hi,

there is so many things that are wrong with your model that this is almost difficult to list everything...
                                Position of the pins at the back, the head of the eagle, the legs, the claws, the lictor bundles (many parts)...

Originals were posted on the first pages, you can easily compare below the original of Francesco (Nostradamus) vs. the model you presented.

See You

Vince
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X