X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No signs of missing insignia on this one
    Attached Files

Comment

To be fair, I don't think the TK on Mike's green fez and the one in the period photo are the same style of TK as on mine and the one that started the thread.

Comment

Here is a helpful thread that I have found:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...original+skull

It shows (IMO) Ben's TK, post#22, among other fakes. Some tiny little details, within this 'style' OR any other 'style'TK, are almost unavoidable while prodused. Also somebody's ability in stitching will play a role in the final look of the TK on a cap or fez (maybe very well be deformed either vertically or horizontaly).
        Last edited by TONY Q.W.; 10-26-2006, 06:23 AM.

Comment

Tony,
          Your eyes need checking as Ben's is nothing like the repro's in that post....!

However, the TK on Ben's fez is most certainly a repro as it has a major flaw to it which is so obvious that I'm surprised no one else has seen it!

The TK that started this thread and the one on the collectors guild are virtually the same, and in my opinion more than likely original (but wether they are correct on a fez I don't know, I know that is what Dan has been trying to say all along), and Mike P's TK is spot on in regards to being on a fez!
          Look at all the contempory pics of Fez's on the forum and there is one thing common to them all.

Brett
          Last edited by Sonderkommando; 10-26-2006, 06:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BenVK View Post
            To be fair, I don't think the TK on Mike's green fez and the one in the period photo are the same style of TK as on mine and the one that started the thread.
            Hi Ben , Here's a better close up of mine for comparison
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Brett Dixon View Post
              Tony,

Brett
              ...lets not become personall now boy....

Last edited by TONY Q.W.; 10-26-2006, 06:45 AM.

Comment

I would love to have that skull Mike

Comment

And here's the TK that started this thread ...it looks like an exact match to me
                  Attached Files

Comment

They are different Mike...take a section in the skull and compare it stitch for stitch.

Keep in mind that there are probably (at least) 20 different correct skulls.

John

Comment

Thanks John..I don't know how to put both pictures together for comparison ..if someone knows how , I'd appreciate it

Comment

I circled the areas that matched
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Brett Dixon View Post
                          Tony,

Brett

...you should also take a look on post #114...

Comment

Here ya go Mike
                            Attached Files

Comment

3 areas circled
                              Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for that Brett.
                                Side by side I can see some differences (incl the tope of the Skull) ..but when I counted the threads on the teeth and compared the areas I circled ..it looks like a match
                                can you see what I'm ref to ?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 22 users online. 0 members and 22 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X