No announcement yet.

Maroon SS-Fez

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tony, just grow up and let it rest. You've been nothing but a smart-arse since the beginning of this thread.

Comment

Tony,
      Look at the shape of the head and the shape and thickness of the jaw on the right-hand side......they are different.

Comment

Originally posted by Brett Dixon View Post
        Tony,
        Look at the shape of the head and the shape and thickness of the jaw on the right-hand side......they are different.

ignored

Comment

Tony, just grow up and let it rest. You've been nothing but a smart-arse since the beginning of this thread.
          double ignored

Comment

C'mon guys, stop f*cking about. It's only bits of cloth and we're all here to learn.

Another exact same skull. fez #4
            Attached Files

Comment

Exact same skull. Not on a fez this time...
              Attached Files

Comment

The TK from the start of the thread and the other 2 from the pics Ben has posted.

They all look very similar!
                Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Brett, yes, they are the same. Now, we're getting somewhere.

So, the $64million question is:

Is this an original pre 45 TR manufactured Totenkopf or not?

Comment

Ben , Could you please make a composite pic of the TK on my Green Fez and the Collectors Guild TK so we can compare them side by side ?
                    I can see many "fingerprints" (incl thread counts) that match

Comment

Mike, do you think you could take a better photo of it first please?

Comment

Mike,
                        Is this okay?

The shape of the head is very different.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Hmm, apart from the dome of the head, the rest looks quite similar. Maybe it's the way it's been stitched on, the thread has pulled the head out of shape?

Comment

The shape of the head is very different.
                            Come on, guys. TKs, once applied to a piece of headgear, can take on a very diferent shape. This is often the result of how it was stretched when sewn (as appears to be the case here), but, it can also result from stretching/shrinkage of the fabric beneath due to wear or due to exposure to moisture/temperature changes.

Regardless, these are identical TKs. The real test (as was mentioned earlier) is to compare sections thread-by-thread. These match 100%.

Brad

Comment

The skulls in post 146 both fine originals IMO ....I have had SS eagles with the exact same stitching off in size by as much as 5 mm, no doubt due to machine tension...and as mentioned wear and other conditions will cause insignia to expand or contract...I onced noticed this on the green ss title when I had it side by side with another.

Comment

Originally posted by BenVK View Post
                                C'mon guys, stop f*cking about. It's only bits of cloth and we're all here to learn.

Another exact same skull. fez #4
                                Ben,

in all honesty if you think that (in your words) I'm "f*cking about" you're by your own.

Cheers

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 26 users online. 0 members and 26 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X