This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well,
    Here we go it's been three days and no one has made any comments about these two badges. David IM sorry and this is just my opinion but I have to say no to your badge and to Darrell for some reason I do like your badge even though I would always wonder as it has the same appearance as David's on the front there's a certain quality to the fonts and color of the enamel that I like and it's just unique enough in the design of the rope border around the attachment plate to make me say

Comment

IM posting this badge for Steve a very nice M1/105.
      Attached Files

Comment

reverse
        Attached Files

Comment

I concur with James on this......
          David, it might be the light or somethingelse in that pic of your pin but the materiel(metal) looks suspect...it may be fine but i cant say good based on that picture....Darrell i think your pin is sweet ..i like the border on the reverse...very unique and desireable imo......
          mike

Originally posted by jnoble
          Well,
          Here we go it's been three days and no one has made any comments about these two badges. David IM sorry and this is just my opinion but I have to say no to your badge and to Darrell for some reason I do like your badge even though I would always wonder as it has the same appearance as David's on the front there's a certain quality to the fonts and color of the enamel that I like and it's just unique enough in the design of the rope border around the attachment plate to make me say

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Pinkus
            ....Darrell i think your pin is sweet ..i like the border on the reverse...very unique and desireable imo......
            mike
            Hi Mike
            Are you saying that Darrell's is a good one

Comment

Laurence
              i am saying i would like it in my collection....
              because i have never seen a set up on the reverse like that before i cant say 100% it is good; but i am saying i like it and would have it in my collection....i am a sucker for the unusual
              mike

Originally posted by Laurence Strong
              Hi Mike
              Are you saying that Darrell's is a good one

Comment

Yes it is a different one all right, Coulr it be an early party badge as it is does not carry any RZM markings?

Comment

yes, thats what it would have to be...

Yes it is a different one all right, Coulr it be an early party badge as it is does not carry any RZM markings?

Comment

Thanks Mike, Geez, must be learning something after all

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Pinkus
                      Laurence
                      i am saying i would like it in my collection....
                      because i have never seen a set up on the reverse like that before i cant say 100% it is good; but i am saying i like it and would have it in my collection....i am a sucker for the unusual
                      mike
                      Thanks Mike. Took me a decade to scroll through this thread and didnt see any with that pattern on the reverse. It sticks out (ie. not stamped incluse). Hardly something that people would care to copy as real considering no others have it (that I see). Oh well. Can't remember what I paid for it but I bet Laurence want's to buy it for the big $$$$

Quite the assortment this bunch of badges I say. Incredible the diversity. Each with his own story to tell.

Comment

Why is it for sale

Comment

Why is it for sale
                          Actually it's not ... just kidding. Only Badge / Tinnie I have so it is all by itself

Comment

M1\100 original?

Hi, I got this with a bunch of other 100% ww2 german stuff and I tought it's authentic. Now I've seen on this thread few other M1/100 and they have diferent this LDO code, see the slash is like this \ and not as on most this way /.
                            Any ideas?

Comment

Roberts,
                              From looking at the three other M1/100 posted here yours is very close to one of them other then the back slash so you can see this company seems to change font styles every so often. While the reverse back slash isn't common it's not unheard of. I don't think you have anything to worry about with this badge.
                              Last edited by James Noble; 11-25-2004, 04:29 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the comments guys.

Just for confirmation some better daylight pics. Do you think I should delete them after they have been commented on or would it be a good idea to have bad examples in this thread also?

Cheers,
                                David.

Attached Files
                                At Rathau on the Aller, the CO of 5th Royal Tanks advanced on foot to take a cautious look into the town before his tanks moved in. He encountered one of his own officers, a huge Welshman named John Gwilliam who later captained his country's rugby team, 'carrying a small German soldier by the scruff of his neck, not unlike a cat with a mouse.' The Colonel said: 'Why not shoot him?' Gwilliam replied in his mighty Welsh voice: 'Oh no, sir. Much too small.'

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 12 users online. 0 members and 12 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X