This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nsdapbadge

Sorry for the last pic, Iwanted to post a smaller one. I hope these pics will help to determine if it is agood one. Thanks Del.

Comment

Here's a badge I received the other day it's seen better days as it's been in the ground since 1945.
      Attached Files

Comment

So I decided to see what was under all that crud.
        Attached Files

Comment

How it's starting to look fairly good so I kept going. And low and behold here's what I ended up with.
          Attached Files

Comment

It's to bad the reverse can't shed any light on the maker all that's left is the attach plate location marker. This is the first two piece iron cored enamel membership badge that I have seen, the only other NSDAP badge I have like this is a late war painted one that I thought was zinc, I also have a DRK late war painted badge that is iron cored all the others are enamel and nonmagnetic.
            Last edited by James Noble; 09-24-2004, 05:47 PM.

Comment

Damn James, that looks a lot better than when we found in last summer! Good job!! Mike

Comment

Here's mine - marked M1/8 for Ferdinand Wagner, Pforzheim.
                Attached Files

Comment

Tim,
                  A real nice badge you have there thanks for sharing.

Comment

James, I've had a few of these pass through my hands over the years and it's the one I have always kept - the enamel work is truly superb!

I got this particular Party Badge along with my M1/8 Party Badge and I've always thought it a copy but as I have recently found out that a couple of items I got and thought were copies were in actual fact reasonably rare and 100% good, I thought I'd show it as well and get some opinions on it.

There are three things that made me have my doubts - the not quite round "O", the RZM marking has a single ring (I know that is possible) and it is marked "M1.25" with no "/".

The things going for it is that it "looks right" and that I can't see how the person I got it from had a post '45 item in their posession.

Good or bad?
                    Attached Files

Comment

here is a pic of my M25 marked pin....
                      the RZM mark is raised...it looks like it is engraved in yours....
                      i like the enamel but the rest of the pin has some questions in my opinion.
                      the lettering is not tight like it should be...if the RZM mark is engraved that would be questionable. the maker mark itself is unusual....but the pin does have an authentic look imo.....so i guess i would chalk this as questionable at best to me.
                      mike

i just checked on the maker number 25 and perhaps i was hasty with this assesment...it appears the the m 25 mark belonged to "Arbeitsgemeinschaft der Graveur-,Gold und Silberschmeide-Innungen,. Hannau"
                      i believe this is a gild of gold and silversmithes....so this mark is similiar perhaps to the AGMUK series on the combat badges, ie. many small makers sharing one mark...so perhaps the differences are not as bad as i previously thought.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Mike Pinkus; 10-03-2004, 08:10 PM.

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Mike,

The RZM is raised and not engraved. My thoughts on this one is that it is most likely good.

Comment

M1/25

Luft62,,, your M1 25 is obviously different then the standard M1/25 as with Mike's photo and mine. If you feel you can verify authenticity then maybe its early version.
                            Photo of my M1/25
                            Attached Files

Comment

M1/25 back

Back
                              Attached Files

Comment

Mine is certainly different from both M1/25 PBs shown, which still makes me very doubtful of my ones authenticity. If it was just the markings on the back then I would not have any problems with it.
                                It came from an old lady that emigrated to Australia in the early 50's - she also had an Arbeitsbuch, a couple of tinnies and a bunch of magazines relating to sport from the 30's. It didn't make sense to me that she would have a copy in her posession, but I always kept this one in amongst my "fakes and doubtful collection" because of the reasons I stated before.
                                I can remember reading somewhere that the single ring RZM was used for a few months prior to the double ring becoming the defined marking - I don't know when this was and how it matches up to PB production but perhaps this one is from then?
                                It remains in my doubtful grouping...

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X