Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wish someone would take the great pictures and info here and make a book out of it .

Comment

Mike,
      Thank you for posting these badges I was able not only add 11 to the total quantity but I was also able to expand the list by 5 new companies.

Comment

2 Party Badges

As Requested photos of the 2 badges I bought off the E-Stand
        Attached Files

Comment

Rear
          Attached Files

Comment

Badge No. 2
            Attached Files

Comment

Rear of No.2
              Attached Files

Comment

Les, Thank You for shareing these two very prime examples of NSDAP membership badges, they will be added to the every growing list of badges on page 8.

Comment

non translucent enamel?

Hello forumfriends,

Are nsdap pins, which have a non translucent enamel in the red ring, genuines (early) or fakes?

cheers,

Ben

Comment

Ben,
                    I would say first of all you have judge these badges on more then one criteria not just the opaque enamel a lot depends on how the badge in question is marked on the reverse you should be very leery if it's RZM marked IMO, where badges produced between 1924 and late 1934 did not have any manufacturing restrictions so one can find many variations in enamel, fonts and maker markings.

Comment

Thanks for your reply,James.

In principle opaque made pins excist.
                      What means IMO?
                      The nsdap pin( with opaque red enamel)I saw had backside a halfmoon clipattachment ( the points down) was marked RZM above, under the attachment and GES.GESCH. on the free part under.

Ben

Comment

Ben,
                        IMO=in my opinion. There are collectors who don't mind seeing badges with both RZM and GES GESCH markings but personally I would pass on badges marked like that but there again that's just my opinion.
                        Originally posted by ben baars
                        Thanks for your reply,James.

In principle opaque made pins excist.
                        What means IMO?
                        The nsdap pin( with opaque red enamel)I saw had backside a halfmoon clipattachment ( the points down) was marked RZM above, under the attachment and GES.GESCH. on the free part under.

Ben

Comment

Originally posted by jnoble
                          Ben,
                          IMO=in my opinion. There are collectors who don't mind seeing badges with both RZM and GES GESCH markings but personally I would pass on badges marked like that but there again that's just my opinion.
                          OK, James
                          What do you think about the halfmoon button attachment on the backside.
                          I've heard these are fakes or genuine variations between 1924-1934?

Ben

Comment

Ben,I have a number of pins and for the most part all of them have some differences.Some are more concave than others,rzm # are on the top and bottom, some letters are thicker on some, on some the enamel work is clearer and the stippling shows better.I think pins need to be looked at by each maker because they all have variations.The opaque red I think you are talking about is on a pin I have m1/109 it is a very different color than any other pin I have.I have seen varations in the font of numbers of the same maker.In my opinion m1/72 is the most common pin seen and I have seen a different #2 on pins by this maker. These were die struck and each maker may have had dozens of dies that they used.

Comment

Ben,
                              I wasn't aware of any controversy with button hole attachment as you will find them on badges made from 1924/1945. Do you have a picture of the one your referring to?

Comment

Iwyatt and James,

Thanks for your replies.The pin I saw had only RZM and GES. GESCH., so no
                                M1/.. -number.The red opaque enamel tended a littlebit to orange;the O in the lettering was oval . Unfortunatelly, I don't have a picture of the pin I refered to.

Ben

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 19 users online. 0 members and 19 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X