This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

David,
    I say leave it posted. I feel it's as important to show examples of reproductions as well as original badges where else can one compare them as easily as this.

Comment

David

with these pics i like your pin better...
      is the base metal magnetic??
      looks like an acceptable early (pre RZM) pin to me...possible with a repaired pin plate at some point in its life
      mike

Originally posted by David C
      Thanks for the comments guys.

Just for confirmation some better daylight pics. Do you think I should delete them after they have been commented on or would it be a good idea to have bad examples in this thread also?

Cheers,
      David.

Comment

Rzm 6

Here is one I have. How come this does not have the usual numbering configuration?
        Attached Files

Comment

reverse:
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Pinkus
            David

with these pics i like your pin better...
            is the base metal magnetic??
            looks like an acceptable early (pre RZM) pin to me...possible with a repaired pin plate at some point in its life
            mike

Hi Mike,

No the base is bronze like an old "copper" coin, in fact the edge has started to polish up with handling. The attachment pin and plate are also non-magnetic.

James, are you sure it is bad? Or could it be a maybe?

Cheers guys,

David.
            Last edited by David C; 11-24-2004, 11:15 AM.
            At Rathau on the Aller, the CO of 5th Royal Tanks advanced on foot to take a cautious look into the town before his tanks moved in. He encountered one of his own officers, a huge Welshman named John Gwilliam who later captained his country's rugby team, 'carrying a small German soldier by the scruff of his neck, not unlike a cat with a mouse.' The Colonel said: 'Why not shoot him?' Gwilliam replied in his mighty Welsh voice: 'Oh no, sir. Much too small.'

Comment

David

i do not think you have to worry...i am pretty sure you got a good one...

John...the 6 is for Hensler...they were a strange maker anyway...i would call it a variation..if you want to sell it contact me.....

mike

Originally posted by David C
              Hi Mike,

No the base is bronze like an old "copper" coin, in fact the edge has started to polish up with handling. The attachment pin and plate are also non-metallic.

Cheers guys,

David.

Comment

You da man.......

David

John...the 6 is for Hensler...they were a strange maker anyway...i would call it a variation..if you want to sell it contact me.....

mike
                Mike-

You are indeed "The Man".... great reply....

Hope you are well my friend.

Kevin

Comment

David

mike
                  Hi Mike thanks for that information, sent you a PM, John

Comment

Cheers guys,

David.[/QUOTE]
                    David,
                    You ask if IM sure your badge is bad, my answer to that is no IM not 100% sure it's bad for the simple reason I don't have it in my hand to get a good look and feel of it but from what I see from your new pictures I still would pass on it. Now bare in mind this is just My opinion it's not written in blood or etched in stone it's just my observation.

Comment

Ok.

Thanks guys.

David.
                      At Rathau on the Aller, the CO of 5th Royal Tanks advanced on foot to take a cautious look into the town before his tanks moved in. He encountered one of his own officers, a huge Welshman named John Gwilliam who later captained his country's rugby team, 'carrying a small German soldier by the scruff of his neck, not unlike a cat with a mouse.' The Colonel said: 'Why not shoot him?' Gwilliam replied in his mighty Welsh voice: 'Oh no, sir. Much too small.'

Comment

Here's a nice Kerbach & Israel, Dresden. badge
                        Attached Files

Comment

and this one?

Hi

Back again with a question:

This one I bought in Krakow Poland. Is it fake or ... ?

Comment

M1/42

James
                            here is a M1/42 differnent from yours,painted version
                            front
                            Attached Files

Comment

M1/42

and back
                              Attached Files

Comment

jray, Nice clean painted badge.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 13 users online. 0 members and 13 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X