This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Br. James View Post
    No doubt about that, CPB. Lets see what the handle's reverse shows us.

In my experience, it is quite rare to see an example of AH silverware in either pattern that appears to have been greatly worn down due to excessive polishing, as this piece portrays. Indeed, if such wearing away of the pattern would have taken place during it's use in the TR, such a piece would have been sent back to the retail jeweler as inferior quality! So that is a point of interest. But the corners of the handle's base continue to tell the whole backstory, as I see it...

Br. James

Believe me it's totally genuine....no one is or has faked these so far. ...yhe relief work and the fact it needs to be German marked silver woulsnt make it worthwhile.
    No doubt like some of mine it was put to good use post war and was banged about with steel cutlery etc....for years.

Its simply a worn example.

Comment

Originally posted by Obersalzberg View Post
      Believe me it's totally genuine....no one is or has faked these so far. ...yhe relief work and the fact it needs to be German marked silver woulsnt make it worthwhile.
      No doubt like some of mine it was put to good use post war and was banged about with steel cutlery etc....for years.

Its simply a worn example.
      Well, teaspoons have been faked coming out of South America.

Comment

Originally posted by ErichS View Post
        Well, teaspoons have been faked coming out of South America.

Yes but Erich do we have any pictures?

Comment

http://www.hitlersnest.co.uk/AH%20news.htm

Photos of the fake spoon are on the above link.

Comment

Originally posted by ErichS View Post
            http://www.hitlersnest.co.uk/AH%20news.htm

Photos of the fake spoon are on the above link.
            Thanks Erich, one supposes he used a mould of an original perhaps.

Comment

I have seen several fakes all jewelers castings and mostly spoons.

Comment

Originally posted by Obersalzberg View Post
                Thanks Erich, one supposes he used a mould of an original perhaps.
                In the photos of the spoon you can really see the differences including the lack of detail compared to originals. By looking at the reverse you can see that it's a casting with the flaws. Seems the fakers can't get the fine details correct which is a good thing do far!

Comment

Just received a pic of the back of the spoon from its owner and here it is. Cheers, Torsten.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Well, that seals it for me...I've never seen a maker's mark from P. Bruckmann & Söhne like that on AH silverware, Formal or Informal!

Br. James

Comment

How many P. Bruckmann & Söhne silver marks are there??

Comment

Originally posted by Br. James View Post
                        Well, that seals it for me...I've never seen a maker's mark from P. Bruckmann & Söhne like that on AH silverware, Formal or Informal!

Br. James
                        Agree 100%. Even the .800 sliver marking font is incorrect.

Comment

Hi Waffen,

Welcome among us!

There's only one Bruckmann maker's mark found on Formal and Informal table cutlery, though there are several others found on serving plates and other utensils, some for solid silver (.800 or .925) and some for silver plate.

Cheers,

Br. James

Comment

Comment

AH silverware goblet

Hello, I have this piece from an all collection stuff, I want to sell it but as this is not my field I want to be sure that is an original piece and a fair value if it is. Any help would be much apreciated, thanks in advance.

Some pictures witrhout flash ...
                              Attached Files
                              Collector of Kriegsmarine and Küstenartillerie items

Regards
                              Eduardo

Collecting Kriegsmarine !!!: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=725610

sigpic "Deutsche Kriegsmarine"

Comment

maker stamps ...
                                Attached Files
                                Collector of Kriegsmarine and Küstenartillerie items

Regards
                                Eduardo

Collecting Kriegsmarine !!!: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=725610

sigpic "Deutsche Kriegsmarine"

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 10 users online. 0 members and 10 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X