X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have his latest one!

Originally posted by CPB View Post
    http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=709029

Worth getting if you don't already have a copy.

Comment

"Worth getting if you don't already have a copy" -- my opinion precisely!!

Br. James

Comment

I know this is kind of a silverware thread, but do you guys want to see some new AH linen and porcelain I picked up this year?

Chris

Comment

Hi Chris,

Of course, show what you've got!

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
          Fredy

Comment

Okay, here goes.

It was a good year for linen.

Here are three items I picked up this year.

On the left, as you'll know, is an informal pattern napkin taken from the Berghof.

On the right, is a textbook formal napkin, with the ribbon pattern, taken from the Kehlsteinhaus.

And the big monogram in the centre belongs to a very nice and big tablecloth [in the same ribbon pattern] measuring around 3x2 metres which was also taken from the Kehlstainhaus. I think this was used on the table in the Scharitzkehlzimmer, as the measurements correlate quite neatly. Given the floral and feminine pattern of these pieces, there is a good chance they were used at the Braun/Fegelein wedding in June 1944, but I don't think I will ever know for sure.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by CPB; 12-20-2013, 09:23 AM.

Comment

It was also a good year for porcelain.

Here is a little plate I picked up from the veteran's family. It was taken from Eva Braun's house in Munich.

On the reverse is marked 'Sofie Stork' who also decorated many items for Hitler's Berghof. Many of you will have heard of her.
              Attached Files

Comment

Last one for now, and the centrepiece of my collection this year.

Another plate, by Sofie Stork, given to Hitler on his birthday in 1932.

The painting is of Haus Wachenfeld, so very early on.

The inscription on the back is by Sofie Stork and reads 'In gratitude of many happy hours in your hospitable home.' I think this is truly a one-of-a-kind piece and incredibly rare. The little character under her name is a stork holding a party flag in its beak.

I also have another cup and saucer to show you, from the Kehlsteinhaus. I will post up a photo soon.

Merry Christmas to you all guys.

Chris
                Attached Files

Comment

Very nice Chris! That napkin is the darkest I have seen of the informal pattern, perhaps only the Fuhrer used it!

Comment

It's not so dark in reality, that's just how the photo came out.

Comment

Ah ok, nice plates! The artwork is beautiful!

Originally posted by CPB View Post
                      It's not so dark in reality, that's just how the photo came out.

Comment

Hi Chris,

This certainly has been a good year for you, hasn't it?! Your "Informal AH Napkin" is really dramatic in photograph, much more so than the "Formal AH Napkin" or the tablecloth. The embroidery is simply spectacular; it actually "pops!"

And your hand-decorated china made by Sofie Stork is as dramatic as the napkin is -- each piece is a one-of-a-kind artifact from the hand of a gifted artist. I would say that the piece you provide, showing part of the west face of Haus Wachenfeld, is of the chalet after the completion of the first of three stages of renovation which finally produced The Berghof (which itself went through a number of renovations and an extension). The first stage of renovation was completed by the end of 1933, so the date on the reverse of the plate probably indicates that Fraulein Stork produced her painting of Haus Wachenfeld based upon Hitler's description of what he was trying to achieve, together with the architect's sketches, and perhaps an architect's model of the completed building. (An example of this conclusion is that the painting shows the Winter Garden as extending out well beyond the balcony on the North face of the building, when in fact this glassed-in area was just about flush with the balcony above it. This may have resulted from a correction between the architect's original renderings and the completed building.)

Congratulations, my friend, and Fröhliche Weihnachten to you...and hopefully 2014 will be even kinder to you than 2013 obviously was!

Br. James

Comment

Hi Chis,

Real nice pieces. The Informal Piece is in did a Star in you Nice Collection.
                          I am looking for such a Piece to, bot till now i did not have spear $ for such pieces.
                          My Star this Year is my Small Frute Kniff, i am very Happy that i have now one in my Collection.
                          I wish all, Frohe Weihnachten , Schönes Neues Jahr and collector's luck for 2014.

mfg

Fredy

Comment

James, good spot my friend!

Glad you guys like the pieces. Linen and porcelain are a whole other ball game to silverware...and just as much fun.

Chris

Comment

Chris,

An impressive collection in the extreme! The Stork plates as you know are super rare and are my favorites!

Best,

Erich

Comment

:

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 13 users online. 0 members and 13 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X