This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by km-spain View Post
    So feelings that bad, feelings that good, but really no information to be sure ... If fake do you have any information about when and where could these be made?

I don't think there's any way to know for sure who, when, where etc.

If I were you, I would email Peter at CG and see if he knows their background. He must have had some pretty solid information on them to offer a refund 4 years after selling one.

Comment

Brent Smith's response is very important here, IMO; I would like to know what more he might offer in explanation of his brief comment: "I do not like this AH cup and strongly feel its 100% fake."

Like Erich put it -- "there is always something new to learn in this hobby!" Sadly, that 'new knowledge' does not always reinforce our opinions or our earlier purchases!!

Br. James

Comment

I think the Most guys no this pieces, these pieces are familiar to allot Big formal collecters .
        This eagle is certainly not original , look at the chaplet!
        Is shapeless ...
        Guys do Not buy soch pices... It is lost mony.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
        Fredy

Comment

Looks as though eagle etc has been attached rather than relief....see the difference on the silver behind swastika

Comment

Originally posted by Obersalzberg View Post
            Looks as though eagle etc has been attached rather than relief....see the difference on the silver behind swastika
            Yes and i Bet i is not silver. because it is soft soldering on the cup.

Comment

Details as to why I do not like it ....

I have never seen any AH pieces of this type made like this .. I would guess the same mfg. of the fake Napkin rings that are floating around made this as well .. If it had been roll stamped maybe ?? However with all this extra effort for such a piece I would question it highly and would not buy it or sell it as real . Brent

Comment

I'm no expert but I wouldn't buy it just comparing examples I have seen so far

Comment

Any SOS buys or sightings to report?

Comment

AH Informal Pattern Ladle bought at the SOS

Bought this AH Informal Pattern Ladle on Saturday at the SOS.. Only one I have owned ..Handled a few of the formal pattern but never owned a AH informal pattern .. Cool hard to find piece
                    Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Lovely piece and very rare.

Here is a new item I added to my Kehlsteinhaus collection (post #3)

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=727284

Okay, not exactly silverware but thought you might like to see.

Comment

A gorgeous piece, Brent...and the Informal Pattern is just my thing!!

Cheers,

Br. James

Comment

I'm partial to the so-called Informal Pattern AH silver as well--very nice ladle. I don't see very many informal serving pieces compared to the formal pattern.
                            I like the lighting fixture leaf also--even if not from the pictured model sconce, there were probably smaller variations with the same leaf motif in the Kehlsteinhaus--yours certainly matches the pattern and may have come from a different type of fixture.
                            Erich
                            Festina lente!

Comment

Congrats Brent, some very nice pieces. The informal patter is surely scarce than the formal one.

I add to this thread a new composition with a table cloth and some cutlery.
                              Attached Files

My books:

- THE WEHRPAß & SOLDBUCH OF THE WH
                              - THE SS TK RING
                              - THE ITALIAN-GERMAN MEDAL
                              - THE ANTI PARTISAN BADGE
                              - THE AWARDS OF THE LW

and more!

sigpic

Comment

Beautiful pieces Antonio.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 35 users online. 0 members and 35 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X