This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by roche View Post
    many thanks, but I can not understand everything that is written on the engraved plate. Could someone write me in German line by line, Please?

in german:

Ahnen mahnen

AHRBERG
    Bodenständig über 500 Jahre

Hof Nr.4
    Altenhagen
    Kreis Celle
    1438 1938
    Unser Adolf Hitler ehrt alte Bauerngeschlechter

Die
    Landesbauernschaft Hannover Braunschweig

Comment

Hi ETN,

Your brooch is made by Christian Deininger from Schwäbisch Gmund. A few months ago there was topic on WAF with some brooches from him, that are now in my collection.

Yours is the first other brooch by Deiniger i ever see and it's good to know there are more and they are out there, it gives me hope to find the missing ones for my collection.

Minnesinger, can you please tell more about the pictures from the sales catalog you posted? Which maker is that? I'd love to add some of those brooches to my collection.

best regards,
      Gaston
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by ETN View Post
        Here's an interesting silver broach I picked up. I really like the design with the spirals around the edge. I've tried to find out who "C.D." was, but I haven't been able to find anyone on the lists of known German silver smiths with these initials/mark.
        ETN,
        nice find.

Comment

Originally posted by jabnus View Post
          Hi ETN,

Your brooch is made by Christian Deininger from Schwäbisch Gmund. A few months ago there was topic on WAF with some brooches from him, that are now in my collection.

Yours is the first other brooch by Deiniger i ever see and it's good to know there are more and they are out there, it gives me hope to find the missing ones for my collection.

Minnesinger, can you please tell more about the pictures from the sales catalog you posted? Which maker is that? I'd love to add some of those brooches to my collection.

best regards,
          Gaston
          Beautiful collection,
          I always admired these pre TR era items(that also show what is to come)

Comment

Exotische Buchen

Originally posted by Minnesinger View Post
            All I know is that Ringele made EK's during WWI marked C.D. 800. No, my gut tells me pre 1933. Perhaps sometime in the 20's? Runic brooches was in vogue then and were made by several firms. Here is a page from a pre-TR salescatalogue by one selling other germanic designs.

I commend your taste in exotische Buchen.
            Very nice booklet of R.S. by H.E.L.

Comment

Originally posted by jabnus View Post
              Hi ETN,

best regards,
              Gaston
              Thanks for sharing this Gaston! I found the other thread about these broaches and the catalog has a post mark on it form 1940, so these would be 3rd Reich era (although, we may never know when production of these began). This is all very exciting!

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Fay View Post
                ETN,
                nice find.
                Thanks Michael!

Comment

Originally posted by Thälmannpionier View Post
                  in german:

Ahnen mahnen

AHRBERG
                  Bodenständig über 500 Jahre

Hof Nr.4
                  Altenhagen
                  Kreis Celle
                  1438 1938
                  Unser Adolf Hitler ehrt alte Bauerngeschlechter

Die
                  Landesbauernschaft Hannover Braunschweig

thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by roche View Post
                    thanks!
                    Very nice cultural item

Comment

Hakenkreuz

900 Silver and enamel hakenkreuz pendant.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Fay View Post
                        I commend your taste in exotische Buchen.
                        Very nice booklet of R.S. by H.E.L.
                        I commend your knowledge of the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve T View Post
                          900 Silver and enamel hakenkreuz pendant.
                          Beautiful. I always liked that one but never knew there was modern made like it. I take it you know where it's from?

Comment

Originally posted by Minnesinger View Post
                            Beautiful. I always liked that one but never knew there was modern made like it. I take it you know where it's from?
                            It just has the 900 mark, no maker.

Here's some old pieces from the Roman-Germanic Museum Cologne followed by modern interpretations from Gahr (Published in NS Frauen Warte magazine)

Top picture credit
                            <table class="f"><tbody><tr><td class="f dcats">
                            </td><td class="f cc-copy">©2012 *Arminius1871

</td></tr></tbody></table>
                            Attached Files

Comment

Does anyone here own some original Gahr pieces? Would love to see them.

Comment

Here you go - have a look at the period article shared by Steve and you will recognize this one.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 23 users online. 0 members and 23 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X