This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ETN View Post
    Now if we could only find a period photo of an Erbhof plaque in use...
    You can get them them in plaster for the purposes of restoring your house

http://gebaeuderestauration.com/fotos_en.html
    Attached Files

Comment

It´s weekend so time for more fun:

here are some more pics of my unique SS wedding plate.
      Attached Files

Comment

More...
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Thorsten B. View Post
          More...
          It must be HUGE, you can never get it in one shot! Nice plate

Comment

The back with master´s mark:
            Attached Files

Comment

Full attack:
              Attached Files

Comment

why is it an ss plate?

Comment

Here's a plate that is very much related to topics we discuss here. A commemorative plate that celebrates the Peasant Militia victory over the Ducal Army of Dutch mercenaries at the Battle of Hemmingstedt.

The army was stopped at Meldorf. Peasant victory being good material for propaganda purposes in the TR era. (Plenty of info on the web, Wiki, Google etc..)
                  Attached Files

Comment

Don,

Let us start the other way round:

Tell me why it is not an SS wedding plate.

Comment

Thorsten, I also wonder what makes it a SS Wedding Plate to you??

Your Question was "what makes it not SS"??

Well, I guess (to me) all the Plates showed here in the whole Thread starting from Page 1..could be either german Cultural Plates from before 3rdReich Times, from during 3rdReich Time and also after 3rdReich Times...of Course, some could belong to families of SS Members..but they were just very popular Items in all kind of Society in Germany and a famous Item to have as Present for a new married couple...almost all people were very religious back in the days and this was the most reason to have such Items with those Symbols on it....
                      my 2cents worth...

different story if you know where it really comes from

Andreas

Comment

First: it is without ANY doubt a wedding plate.

Second: the meaning and use of the runes and the whole theme and symbolism is not only what the Third Reich was about - including the fact that it was NOT common use or habit in german culture to use that kind of symbolic language before or after 1933-1945 - but

Third: this exact same symbolism is depicted and documented on another pure SS wooden cultural beauty as well.

Not we tell the piece where it comes from but the pieces themselves tell us - if someone fails to understand that language that´s a different matter.

The one who does not understand it should perhaps collect stamps instead of TR/SS cultural pieces, I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Thorsten B. View Post
                          Don,

Let us start the other way round:

Tell me why it is not an SS wedding plate.
                          You cannot Prove a Negative. So, your question is flawed.

But, I will entertain you. Many items shown on this thread are in doubt as being related solely to the ss and some are outright frauds. So, if you know the reasons it is ss, I suggest you say so, otherwise risk this plate being thrown into the category as simply Germanic folk art. Tell me why it is anything other than simple folk art??

By the way, you still ignore my earlier questions from an earlier post.

Unless you tell us why this is an ss plate, I would urge anyone looking at this to proceed with CAUTION.

Comment

Nuts.

Comment

you have nothing to say?

you are at a loss for words?

do not worry... I help you out!

"plate in style of SS plates, Now for sale on the estand!"

Comment

Don, my peasant patriotic/propaganda metal plate above is half SS, there's one sigrune on it

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 68 users online. 0 members and 68 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X