Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I cant find any reference about these ceremics, but I dont think it's Dutch SS related. Why do u think its period?

Comment

This reminds me of another interesting period ceramic piece in my collection - this is a typical piece from the maker´s production range within the 30ties and early 40ties and the mark will surely be regocnized by the SS cultural experts.
      Attached Files

Comment

The mark at the bottom of this vase:
        Attached Files

Comment

Very interesting but way out of my expertise, shelves full of books but none about Germanic cultural ceramics . But would love to know more about these pieces of art!

Comment

Originally posted by jeffrey85 View Post
            Local market find, Dutch ceramic "goed heil", with life Rune. What do u guys think?

Does anyone have more information about this interesting object?!

Comment

Don't you think the doll on the right was used as a prototype for the DHW catalog cover girl ?
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by jeffrey85 View Post
                Does anyone have more information about this interesting object?!
                What do those words mean?

Mil

Comment

Originally posted by Etienne B. View Post
                  Very nice Steve.What about a small view inside

Etienne
                  Etienne, Rene.. yes I'll take some shots of some of the book content when I get chance.

Comment

Originally posted by Military View Post
                    What do those words mean?

Mil
                    Goed Heil, freely translated Good Blessing/Prosperity (based on the life Rune and heart-shaped symbols)

Comment

Originally posted by Filip View Post
                      Don't you think the doll on the right was used as a prototype for the DHW catalog cover girl ?
                      Apologies for asking silly questions, I just don't have a lot of reference material such as DHW catalogs, etc. to go by, but if the candle holder doll I posted above on the right is the same type, Jul related doll as on the DHW cover and obviously she is down to her paint pattern, why would it be sold in a set with a Bergmann candle holder ? What does a Bergmann have to do with Jul ?
                      THX
                      Filip
                      Attached Files

Comment

Lot 5313 in the coming auction of HH offers - among other DHW pieces - a fine range of partially extremely rare DHW booklets.

Comment

Apologies for asking silly questions, I just don't have a lot of reference material such as DHW catalogs, etc. to go by, but if the candle holder doll I posted above on the right is the same type, Jul related doll as on the DHW cover and obviously she is down to her paint pattern, why would it be sold in a set with a Bergmann candle holder ? What does a Bergmann have to do with Jul ?
                          THX
                          Filip
                          It's more about tradition. It's an old style type and they wanted to hold on to it. That's why they advised against electric candles in the julbaum, modelled the julleuchter the way they did and so on.

Comment

THX
                            Filip

thats traditional "Erzgebirgische Volkskunst" and just part of the german culture. These are still very popular during Christmas season in Germany.

Comment

Originally posted by Thorsten B. View Post
                              Lot 5313 in the coming auction of HH offers - among other DHW pieces - a fine range of partially extremely rare DHW booklets.
                              Minnesinger asked if you work for HH.
                              Do you?

Comment

Originally posted by Thorsten B. View Post
                                Hey Thorsten B, Don't you work for Hermann Historica?
                                You should declare yourself to the WAF as an employee of that Auction House.
                                Your input to this forum could be for the benefit of your paymasters, and not to the greater good of the WAF and the wider collecting community.
                                Steve

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 17 users online. 0 members and 17 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X