This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here for comparison:

An original DHW piece, production number 91 within the 1940 DHW catalog.

This piece is described as visable as: Truhen-Anrichte

Anrichte is being translated as sideboard or also cabinet indeed.

But already this german name of this furniture indicates that this DHW piece Nr. 91 is somehow a mixture between a chest and a cabinet and tends more to the construction of a chest due to the four feet on which it is based.
    Attached Files

Comment

Yeah right Thorsten. Great piece of furniture but still a anrichte and I don't remember the term sippenanrichte from any book. A truhe is a truhe is a truhe no matter how you look at it.

Edit: I always assumed the reasonable thing that you could get it as either a truhe or a anrichte. The latter with an aufsatz if you wanted, but hey, in Germany a chest opens from the front and in soviet-russia car drives you.
      Last edited by Minnesinger; 03-16-2011, 08:03 AM.

Comment

Note the construction of the doors and especially the outward appearance of the wrought iron fittings (yes, trees of life again) - these are doors set in front of the piece itself to clearly let them appear as doors which also cover partially the outer front frame of the piece.
        Attached Files

Comment

The construction of the sides is different from the SS Yule chest just because it is a mixture of chest and cabinet.
          Attached Files

Comment

Now this is the typical construction of a chest - and identical to the SS Yule chest.

My 1941 Sippentruhe.

By the way: the DHW never offered a Anrichte with any Aufsatz at all as you assume - but that´s another matter.
            Attached Files

Comment

DHW 91, one of my favourite pieces of DHW furniture.. Looks great, not too big, perfect to display on and keeping a small collection in!

Comment

While I'm here, have a look at one of my favourite plates. Question, is this a good translation?

'A lively guest reduces worry' ?
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Steve T View Post
                  While I'm here, have a look at one of my favourite plates. Question, is this a good translation?

'A lively guest reduces worry' ?
                  Haven't heard that sinnspruch before. That would be one translation but both lebendiger and sorgen have other meanings as well. Lebendig could be like in lebendig werden, that is an awakening to life and sorgen in context of care.

Awesome plate by the way. I just love the ones with spirals.

Comment

Yes - "A lively guest reduces the worries".

Damn - that candleholder is a nice one!

Comment

On the subject of wooden items I'm looking for my old catalog of such made post-war by a old SS-man in Belgium (dead since a few years back now). If anyone has it laying around please make a scan. I'm sure it will save people money since these items are coming in to style now.

Comment

I know who you mean.He made pieces in commision and sold them at meetings and so on.I bought a nice iriminsul from him years ago.He used to mark his works with a ''binderune''.Great pieces of art !

Comment

Originally posted by Etienne B. View Post
                          I know who you mean.He made pieces in commision and sold them at meetings and so on.I bought a nice iriminsul from him years ago.He used to mark his works with a ''binderune''.Great pieces of art !
                          That's the one. I suppose its just a matter of time until they start turning up for sale. The irminsul for the wall is beautiful. He was an excellent woodcarver. My friend has a candleholder in the shape of a sunwheel by him among things.

Comment

Thanks both for the translation help

Comment

Originally posted by Minnesinger View Post
                              Everything isn't an attack on your person Thorsten. I thought you would be happy to know about them or simply answer yes and show some photos. This reaction however makes the decision to stop writing here for the time being so much easier. This thread is stealing too much time from my studies. So much I even use my handy to check it and answer between lectures.
                              Ah, please dont go away any time soon. That is the only thing He wants.
                              He has successfully made many european collectors refuse to share here.
                              You threaten him exceedingly.
                              You know too much,
                              and unlike a few others here, you want to point out the lies for all on WAF to understand in a clear and concisive manner.
                              You are not bullied into cowed agreement or feigned neutrality.

Frankly, I wish there were a few more of you around here.

And some of the silent members feel the same.
                              Thank you ,
                              Michael

Comment

Originally posted by Steve T View Post
                                Michael, if we only wrote pure facts on WAF there would not be a lot to read.

I merely wrote the name of the pattern. St. Bernward was responsible for some magnificent pieces of art in his time.

Maybe I thought I you would like to know the pattern name, I could be wrong, I don't know for a fact. I do know this for a fact, if someone told me the name of my gold brown pattern I would explore a potential avenue to learn more.

I get on well with a lot of people here, I think, but I can't seem to communicate with you Michael. Its a pity because if we could exchange thoughts instead of only facts we would likely find many of them are in agreement, but I don't know that for a fact.
                                So ,you did not state my rug is a Christian based motif.
                                Thank you for the re-clarification. It appeared to some that you had, as exemplified by thorsten's citing you with this erroneous statement.
                                Or didnt you notice.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 221 users online. 0 members and 221 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X