X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Thorsten B. View Post
    Very interesting.

Can you provide us with some more pics?

I wonder how the construction looks like - could be a kind of a Julbock.

Thanks in advance!
    makes sence

here we go...

any comments are very welcome
    Attached Files

Comment

d
      Attached Files

Comment

Bringing the light - here in form of a candle - to the human beings during wintersolstice in the nordic countries and therefore shaped in a naive rustic appearance.
        Representing a Julbock (a billy goat) does not really fit due to the two missing horns and the saddle which makes clear that this figurine represents a horse.

Nonetheless it is still an important animal related to germanic gods and religion so it is possible that here a horse has been put in place and not the classical Julbock - the regional traditions and their praxis are variable anyway.

Companies like Deutsches Heimatwerk offered a multifaceted range of different objects for the decoration of the Jul tree and the interior during wintertime and this piece may very well fit into that.

What´s the material - iron?

Comment

Bringing the light - here in form of a candle - to the human beings during wintersolstice in the nordic countries and therefore shaped in a naive rustic appearance.
          Representing a Julbock (a billy goat) does not really fit due to the two missing horns and the saddle which makes clear that this figurine represents a horse.

Nonetheless it is still an important animal related to germanic gods and religion so it is possible that here a horse has been put in place and not the classical Julbock - the regional traditions and their praxis are variable anyway.

Companies like Deutsches Heimatwerk offered a multifaceted range of different objects for the decoration of the Jul tree and the interior during wintertime and this piece may very well fit into that.

What´s the material - iron?
          Thorsten,
          Thanks for the well written Information.
          I bought it because it reminds me on some kind of Viking Item

Yes, it is made of Iron.

Andreas
          Last edited by Thälmannpionier; 10-11-2010, 11:10 AM.

Comment

I really like it and maybe you can add it´s measurements here as well - or take a pic with a 2 Euro coin so that we get an imagination here about the size by comparison.

Comment

I really like it and maybe you can add it´s measurements here as well - or take a pic with a 2 Euro coin so that we get an imagination here about the size by comparison.

I really like it too now that I know it would greatly fit into the upcoming Christmas Time..

Dimensions: 27cm in length and 20cm height

Andreas
              Attached Files

Comment

My new NSV plate. Although it isnt an SS item it does show that the symbols used were common through out all the NS organisations. The plate is dated 1934 and has a hole on the back so that it can be hung on a wall.
                Attached Files

Comment

Details of the decoration.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Very nice David, it has a similar theme to my wall tile in post 23.

Comment

Some Earthy Tones

A warm earthy toned autumn picture for these darker and cooler nights.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Steve T; 10-18-2010, 10:36 AM.

Comment

Very,very nice set up Steve.You are early in the year

regards,

Etienne

Comment

Originally posted by Etienne B. View Post
                          Very,very nice set up Steve.You are early in the year

regards,

Etienne
                          Ah, yes, a little early, lets call it a trial run then I could try some different plates.

Comment

The family candleholder matches just perfectly with the tapestry.

Well, what I can I say: just with every piece - what a beautiful picture.

Many thanks for sharing!

Comment

Originally posted by Steve T View Post
                              A warm earthy toned autumn picture for these darker and cooler nights.

Steve! what can I say! Beautiful set-up and I know you love it too. Thanks for showing. This does NOT, however, excuse a new submission from you at julfest...
                              We will want to see more.

Comment

Very nice Steve, it makes feel cozy on this cool rainy October night.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 166 users online. 0 members and 166 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X