Post your "translation needed" here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

trans

Sämtliche Einzelentwürfe für Gerät und Zubehörteile wurden in den Jahren 1937-1939 von W--5I (Studienassessor W. Schotten) gemeinsam mit der Firma DWM in Karlsruhe entworfen, weiterentwickelt und gebaut. Schotten wurde aufgrund dieser Entwickelungsarbeit von Dr. ------ Berlin zum Dr. Ing. promotiviert.
    I obviously shortened the things you already know.

Comment

Pauke
      Very much appreciated, thank you!

Comment

trans

K.T. could be Kriegsteilnehmer but since there is no other info to reference like how old the fellow is that is only a guess.

Comment

Many thanks Pauke, the fellow is 54 years old. Any idea?

Originally posted by pauke View Post
          K.T. could be Kriegsteilnehmer but since there is no other info to reference like how old the fellow is that is only a guess.

Comment

Originally posted by pauke View Post
            # 4597

I think so too! The whole in German:

Orden u.(nd) Ehrenzeichen:
            K. T. Kreuz lt. (=laut) Wehrdienstbescheinigung
            F.(ür) d.(ie) R.(ichtigkeit)

- Signature
            Hauptmann und Kompaniechef

Comment

Many thanks Reino, but what is that orden? I've been searching the internet and I don't know which could be. Is it Ehrenkreuz für Frontkämpfer?

Originally posted by reino View Post
              # 4597

I think so too! The whole in German:

Orden u.(nd) Ehrenzeichen:
              K. T. Kreuz lt. (=laut) Wehrdienstbescheinigung
              F.(ür) d.(ie) R.(ichtigkeit)

- Signature
              Hauptmann und Kompaniechef

Comment

El muchacho

Hello,
                This is the text in the reverse of a photo depicting a LC Uffz. feeding pidgeons in a park. Besides him is a local boy ('el muchacho', in spanish language) but I cannot read the full text.

Thank you
                Attached Files

Comment

translation: "beachten Sie: die stolze, selbstbewußte und aufrechte Haltung dises Knaben (el muchacho) und der herrliche Blick - stain - .... gehört er in die obere wohlbegüterte Schicht des Volkes, die ja nur 10% der Gesamtbevölkerung ausmacht"

regards
                  Marco

Comment

# 4599

some additional information:

Wolrad Schotten was promoted by the Technische Hochschule Berlin: Dr. Ing. as you know.

Gerdan

Comment

Many thanks Marco,
                      That was fast...
                      Fran

Originally posted by bibliophilica View Post
                      translation: "beachten Sie: die stolze, selbstbewußte und aufrechte Haltung dises Knaben (el muchacho) und der herrliche Blick - stain - .... gehört er in die obere wohlbegüterte Schicht des Volkes, die ja nur 10% der Gesamtbevölkerung ausmacht"

regards
                      Marco

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Fourquet View Post
                        Many thanks Reino, but what is that orden? I've been searching the internet and I don't know which could be. Is it Ehrenkreuz für Frontkämpfer?
                        Yes it is!
                        It´s only another word for the same award (Orden).

Regards
                        - Reino

Comment

Originally posted by bibliophilica View Post

regards
                          Marco
                          Sorry, I read something different:

...... und der herrische Blick – Wahr-
                          [scheinlich] gehört er in die obere ...

Trebes

Comment

Vorschlag for Ehrenblattspange

Is this too much? The woman I hire to translate for me has disappeared.

Thanks for considering this one.

Best regards,

Spencer
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Spencer View Post
                              Is this too much? The woman I hire to translate for me has disappeared.

Thanks for considering this one.

Best regards,

Spencer
                              Well, I won't go word-for-word, but the Lieutenant basically exposed himself to fire the entire day by searching out a forward position to direct fire from his troops onto the enemy (russians, from what i gather).

Through his actions at least 2 enemy guns were destroyed, and he continually disregarded his own safety to ensure the fire he directed was on-target and didn't waste any resources.

His commander recommends him for naming in the Ehrenblatt.

best
                              hank
                              Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
                              ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

Lt. Hofmann was a V.B. (Vorgeschobener Beobachter), or artillery forward observer. It says he was from the 2.Bttr., apparently of Artillerie-Regiment 171 of the 71.ID, to which II./Geb.Jäg.R. 98 was attached.

The recommending officer wasn't his commander, but the commander of this Gebirgsjäger battalion to which he was attached as an observer. That commander was Hptm.d.R. Siegwart Göller.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 23 users online. 0 members and 23 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X