No announcement yet.

Post your unknown unit and or tactical emblem photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Bill, I have 2 more photos showing vehicles from the same unit. I will post them in your thread and let you ID them.. Mike
    Originally posted by Bill Murray
    Nice find Mike!!!

1935/6 Dodge Panel truck, any idea where the photo was taken? Should be Belgian or Dutch originally.
    Bill

Comment

You very well could be right Akira. I have tow more photos showing this smae unit but this is the clearest shot of the front. I take it Werksatt-Zug is something related to transport??? Mike
      Originally posted by Akira Takiguchi
      could be a unit emblem, but also could be a Werkstatt-Zug designation.

Comment

Originally posted by R MICHAEL
        I take it Werksatt-Zug is something related to transport??? Mike
        no, mike. "werkstatt-zug" means workshop-platoon.
        i have a new ghost emblem as well. it stems from an ss vehicle from 1944, russia/narwa region and although it looks familiar i cant positively id it. maybe from an estonian wss-volunteer unit?
        werner
        Attached Files

Comment

I am shocked! SS is not my area but has anyone seen this Estonische SS insignia on vehicles? (maybe just I am too ignorant) Thanks a million for sharing!

Comment

akira, the weird thing is that there is a 2nd pic of the crew that shows the volunteer shields in wear, but even this image is extremely blurry imho it doesnt resemble the estonian shield at all (look at the dark lines against a bright backing). hmmmh...
            any idea?
            Attached Files

Comment

The "WZ" device is the first sign used by 227 Infanterie Division.

RW

Comment

Originally posted by Richard Woods
                The "WZ" device is the first sign used by 227 Infanterie Division.

RW
                Thank you Richard as always, ZW for Zickwolff (Div.Kdr.)... Plausible... but... How do we explain "K"? Is it Pionier with K-Brücke, not Gruppe Kleist (impossible), right?

Comment

A little something from me.

Kommandeur der Armee-Nachschubtruppen 463 of AOK Norwegen
                  Attached Files
                  Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Hello
                    Does anyone know this divisional sign?

This sign appeared on 10,5cm lFH 18 auf Hotchkiss 39H in Normandy June 1944. Vehicle is from 155 Art.Rgt or 200 StuG.Abt belonges to 21 Pz.Div .
                    Have you seen this sign somewhere else? Could it be sign of Paznzerbrigade West?
                    Thanks in advance.
                    Radek Kotecki

Comment

hi !

does anyone ID these WL unit emblem ?

regards patrick
                      Last edited by s.pak; 08-18-2005, 11:13 AM.

Comment

re hi

and these WH emblem unit ?

regards patrick

Comment

Stop Teasing Me

Patrick:
                          Please stop teasing me with those itty bitty emblem photos

You have some nice beute vehicles there, can I see all of the vehicles please.

Cheers
                          bill

Comment

ok, ok, bill

But initially the emblems should be identified
                            It is initially necessary to work to have the reward !!
                            All are not beute bill !
                            Quizz, where are the beute ?

I would put the whole photographs, but with homeopathic amount

best regards patrick

Comment

OK Patrick:

Group #1: Dodge, Ford, Chrysler product and then three are military.
                              Group #2: unknown, unknown, Chrysler product?, Chevrolet, unknown and probably a Ford.

As to Unit ID, I am totally lost, this is not an area of research for me and I leave that to the experts in that field.

My email is mostoysinc@aol.com if you wish to save bandwidth and send the photo selection direct.

You may remember that my field of research is very much centered on beute, impressed, confiscated and other such non traditional military trucks and cars as well as anything of, generally, American brand origin used as military transport.

Any is always most appreciated and I hope to respond always.
                              Cheers
                              Bill

Comment

Me 109 of JG 2!

Hello,

this is from a Me 109!

Kind regards

Köhler
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 36 users online. 0 members and 36 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X