No announcement yet.

Post your unknown unit and or tactical emblem photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wish I could help out on the IDing more than I have. I will keep posting some from my collection and hopefully someone veiwing this thread may help us all out. with our unknowns...
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by R MICHAEL
      and hopefully someone veiwing this thread may help us all out. with our unknowns...
      michael,
      i wished it would be easy as this. i usually find more unknown unit emblems than known ones. it´s baffling how many info has been lost.
      here are some examples, all found on, you guessed it, Raupenschlepper Ost tractors.

1) 106.Inf.Div. related?
      2) WH-unit, not what the emblem suggests
      3) Battle of the Bulge, Dasburg, Germany 1945. 2 stylised horse heads?
      5) Western Front 1944 encountered by the Polish 1st Armored Division
      7) Lake Ilmen Ilmen region 1943, most likely Artillerie-Regiment 22 (L) attached to 21 Lw-Felddivision (thanks Jason)
      8) Greece, Patras, August 1943, le.FH equipped artillery unit arriving via train from training camp Wischau. not much to see, but imho the emblem shows a knight in armor with shield and lance. the shield maybe represents the vienniese coat of arms, the figure the famous "Rathausmann" (pic lot came from austrian seller as well)
      9) Russia 1943/44, unknown Pz. Jg. Unit

any help is gladly welcomed, werner
      Attached Files
      Last edited by werner geier; 05-29-2005, 05:09 AM.

Comment

Werner, sadly how right you are, there has been way to much information lost and there are more unkown than known. I do not surf to many other forums so I am not sure just how many "lists" of unknown emblems are out there. So keep them coming.

#2 I would bet has something to do with pigeons......

thanks again Geier! Mike
        Originally posted by werner geier
        michael,
        i wished it would be easy as this. i usually find more unknown unit emblems than known ones. it´s baffling how many info has been lost.
        here are some examples, all found on, you guessed it, Raupenschlepper Ost tractors.

1) 106.Inf.Div. related?
        2) WH-unit, not what the emblem suggests
        3) Battle of the Bulge, Dasburg, Germany 1945. 2 stylised horse heads?
        5) Western Front 1944 encountered by the Polish 1st Armored Division
        7) Lake Ilmen Ilmen region 1943, most likely Artillerie-Regiment 22 (L) attached to 21 Lw-Felddivision (thanks Jason)
        8) Greece, Patras, August 1943, le.FH equipped artillery unit arriving via train from training camp Wischau. not much to see, but imho the emblem shows a knight in armor with shield and lance. the shield maybe represents the vienniese coat of arms, the figure the famous "Rathausmann" (pic lot came from austrian seller as well)
        9) Russia 1943/44, unknown Pz. Jg. Unit

any help is gladly welcomed, werner

Comment

here is another from my collection that shows what I think is one of the geometric emblems used during the battle of Kursk.. Anyone know which unit?

Mike
          Attached Files

Comment

How about this one?

Comment

Here is another from my collection. I know the tactical symbol is for a signals unit but the upside down V has me stumped...
              Attached Files

Comment

unknown to me

Maybe somebody could identify this too
                Under the kind of eagle you can see the number "2"
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Mogdala
                  Maybe somebody could identify this too
                  Under the kind of eagle you can see the number "2"
                  try this link... looks simular to the heersgruppen nachr.rgt.537 to me..... mike

http://chrito.users1.50megs.com/_dat...ems/eagles.htm

Comment

here is another from my collection..... The trrops around vehicles are SS but I don't think this is an SS unit vehicle...
                    Attached Files

Comment

I will just keep picking away, Mike:

#16 Renault Primaquatre
                      #19 is some sort of trailer involved in a wreck it looks like
                      #20 is a Citroen, probably an 11 and note no spare.
                      #21 seems to be either a Fiat 500 or it's French Cousin a Simca 5. As the locale seems to be Africa, it could be either.
                      #22 is an Opel Blitz
                      #24 is something British and if you have the whole photo and wish to post it I can probably get it.
                      Cheers
                      Bill

Comment

here you go Bill not much help as the people are standing in front of truck...
                        Attached Files

Comment

Well Mike maybe one out of two. The truck on the left is pretty sure a Bedford MWD based on the distinctive front fender design. The windscreen is a bit shallow based on my photos but it is awfully close. The one on the right is a puzzler only because so much of it is obscured. But...the tires are for sure British.

Photo appears to be taken in Russia where many of the Dunkirk booty vehicles went.................never to return. Hopefully, you can confirm the locale.
                          Cheers
                          Bill

Comment

Here is one I could use some help with...
                            Attached Files
                            -Calvin Hall, repressed Appalachian American.

Desperately seeking a Juncker Knights Cross ribbon loop and well used Knights Cross ribbon!!!

Comment

Calvin, the circle on the far right looks like the tactical symbol for bicycle recon. platoon as for the other two?????? you got me... Mike
                              Originally posted by Calvin Hall
                              Here is one I could use some help with...

Comment

bill nothing on back of the two photos I have.. Here is a better shot of the truck on the left....
                                Originally posted by Bill Murray
                                Well Mike maybe one out of two. The truck on the left is pretty sure a Bedford MWD based on the distinctive front fender design. The windscreen is a bit shallow based on my photos but it is awfully close. The one on the right is a puzzler only because so much of it is obscured. But...the tires are for sure British.

Photo appears to be taken in Russia where many of the Dunkirk booty vehicles went.................never to return. Hopefully, you can confirm the locale.
                                Cheers
                                Bill
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X