No announcement yet.

Post your unknown unit and or tactical emblem photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone an idea about this Steinbock/ibex? It's a Heer unit and the photo was made in Ukraine/Russia.

Comment

Hi Sudhafen
      I have been trying for better part of a year to ID this marking and tie it to a specific unit. So far I have only been able to speculate that it is likely part of a Gebirgsjager unit.

Comment

Maybe it helps to show the whole photo.

Comment

Hello all,

I need some help identifying this Panzer unit sign / Emblem, skull on tank.
          Date and place are unknown but it must be Eismeer front / Russia in 1941 /1942.
          Picture belonged to a photo grouping of Gebirgsjäger Regiment 136 / 2. Gebirgs Division.

I do not think it is Pz.Rgt.18 of 18. Panzer-Division because they did not operate so high North in Russia / Finnland.

Does anyone knows to whitch division / unit this panzer belonged?

Thanks and best regards!

Comment

Nobody any idea on the skull unit sign / emblem in the message below?

Comment

You haven't had a reply because you have already committed yourself to saying that it isn't what it very clearly is, 18 Panzer Division, specifically 11./PR 18. Are there actually Gebirgsjäger in the full photograph ? Or is the photograph just included with others of them ?

Comment

Hello, thank you for your answer.
                I thought maybe there is an other unit that also uses a type of skull as a unit sign, that is why i excluded the 18. PD for this picture.
                In the whole picture are Gebirgsjäger inspecting the tank, after it is taken out by anti tank fire and tumbled on its turret in a snow covered landscape.

Comment

In fact, skull over the water emblem was used by Panzer-Abteilung 160 ( one of the descendant formation of Panzer-Regiment 18). But here, the 11th Kompanie (which means a 3-Abteilung Regiment), is definitely from PR18.

Comment

Thanks for the info, great.
                    By the way, this is the whole picture.

Comment

Akiri, was it actually used officially by Pz Abt 160 or was it just that when I./PR 18 was renamed to Pz Abt 160 that the vehicles just had it painted on them ? In the same way that III./PR 18 was renamed to Pz Abt 103 and its vehicles still have the skull and water sign on them. Alan

Comment

Jason Mark should have the definitive answer but I believe Pz.Abt.160 officially kept using the same sign.

Comment

I have another question concerning these two pictures.
                          Can somebody confirm that this unit sign shown in the pictures belongs to Gebirgsjäger Regiment 91 of the 4th Gebirgs Division?
                          If i'm wrong, to what Gebirgsjäger unit does it belong?

Comment

Hello.
                            The first question, my friends found a car wing, there is a tactical emblem we unknown. Can you tell what kind of unit it is?

The second question, the photo of the broken German vehicles in the village near Stalingrad.
                            Can you tell what kind of unit it is?

Comment

tower

The tower looks somewhat like a stylized version of the tower on the Kaiserburg in Nuernberg.

Comment

Hello all,

I need some help identifying this unit sign / Emblem.
                                It belongs to a Luftwaffe Flak 88 unit and was stationed in Holland and France.
                                And went from Rennes ( France ) to the Ostfront.
                                Maybe someone knows the brand of this bus.

Best regards and have a nice holiday season all!!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X