Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Des, re the Pegasus, I too would be interested in seeing the backs, as usual it is always the back which tells the full story

On the knife, I have seen this type of engraved inscriptions in books on fighting knives. I don't think I am convinced by this one? I don't really know much about these but my "gut instint" says no.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Ade, the Pegasus are fake IMO as are all chatham18's special forces related insignia. Des bought a similar pair off him and they were also bad. But bugger me they are getting better everyday

The give away on these I think is how solid and flat the embroidery is on the front. What is interesting about these though is that the faker has even got through all the fuss of even sewing on the loose thread

Thanks, from Jack.

Comment

Hi guys,

Des, I had a look at that knife and it really dosn't convince me at all. I picture myself being a French resistance fighter. Why would you inscribe "1943" all over the knife? It just dosn't make sense to me.
        Anyway boys and girls, here's my contribution from ebay .

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...e=STRK:MEWA:IT

Comment

Hi Tom, I know the seller of this one and have held this helmet in my hands at Beltring last year. Sadly I don't like it.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrian Stevenson
            Hi Tom, I know the seller of this one and have held this helmet in my hands at Beltring last year. Sadly I don't like it.

Cheers, Ade.
            Hello Ade.

I didn't think this was much cop either. I don't really know what I'm looking for in these but the age of the chinstrap (leather) with the rusty ring.....

Comment

Hi Guys,

Well I dont know anything about Maquis stuff but thought it was an interesting piece. As for the para helmet, I think thats been offered numerous times on ebay before? I did not like it then and I still dont like it. The seller is obviously feeling the same way with his low opening bid

Comment

Hi All

The photos are just terrible. Purposely so I suspect!
                Do you think this is a relic shell that has had some serious rebuilding going on.

Yours, Guy

Comment

Hi Guy, sent you a PM on this helmet

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Hi all,

Take a look at this one that was completed on a buy-it-now. What do you reckon? I think there is something not quite right about it but I can't put my finger on it? I don't know but I don't feel comfortable about a fibre rim having a 1943 liner in? Does the foam look new to you? Do you think it has been put together out of original bits?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...503885585&rd=1

Thanks, from Jack.

Comment

I should say it's been rebuilt at least once in it's life

Yours Guy.

Comment

Hi guys,

As for the Pegasus patches, post-war or repro I think. Personally I don't trust the seller either.
                        The maquis knife is lovely. Nothing I couldn't make in an hour from a random bayonet blade; inscriptions were added imo with an electric pencil.
                        The first fibre rim helmet is odd to say the least. I can't figure out why the shell has cracked but the fibre rim hasn't. The only time I have seen such cracks was on a dug up one but it had no liner or fibre rim left. Looks like it had a serious make-over.
                        The second helmet has the rivets we've seen on Jeroen's helmet right?

Luc

Comment

Not even close and i love how he rubs some type of grease on the front to try and give it a used look

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...507695033&rd=1

Comment

Hi Des,
                            Cunnard means crap, this fine gentleman hasn't sold a genuine piece in his life.
                            He should be hanged.

Luc

Comment

I see the smock went for a fair old penny in the end.

Oh look, my pet hate

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...e=STRK:MEWA:IT

At least he admits later that its actually tagged as "Smock, Windproof, Camouflaged" rather than "Smock, SAS, Camoflauged". Fair play!

Comment

Oh I know Luc, that guy takes the proverbial. I'm just annoyed because I am searching for a genuine example of one of those patches and everytime I see his ebay listing my heart skips at the thought it may possibly be a real one until i open it up and see his name

Originally posted by lnijherald
                                Hi Des,
                                Cunnard means crap, this fine gentleman hasn't sold a genuine piece in his life.
                                He should be hanged.

Luc

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X