This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry Ade,

Looks like we were punching the keys at the same time.

Yours, Guy.

Comment

Des thats outstanding ,why couldnt he mention the dagger ? Rob.
      God please take justin bieber and gave us dio back

Comment

Thanks Ade and Guy,

I recognise it now!

Perhaps the seller of Des's handle knew that it is an illegal item and prevented it being pulled off by the ebay police.
        Regards, Luc

Comment

Sorry Rob,

Only saw your post now. I asked the seller and he said he had listed it previously with the correct description but it had been pulled several times. He got sick of that and just wanted rid of it. My lucky break I guess? I will post photos when I get it.

Comment

Hey Guys,

Anyone else seen this? Looks ok but its hard to tell from photos sometimes.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...e=STRK:MEWA:IT

Comment

Well its lovely to see an unmessed with originally badged BD for once!! Shame about the moth damage though

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...516231729&rd=1

Comment

Originally posted by Des Thomas
                Hey Guys,

Anyone else seen this? Looks ok but its hard to tell from photos sometimes.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...e=STRK:MEWA:IT
                Hey Des,

Looks fine to me but i asked Luc, he knowes more about these things. But its a small size, dont think it fits my manneque.

Jeroen

Comment

Hi Des,

It's hard to say from the pictures, but the beret looks ok indeed. Is that a leather sweatband, or is it just me that thinks it looks like leatherette?
                  I would like to see some more pictures, has anyone contacted the seller yet?
                  Regards, Luc

Comment

Hi Luc,

About 3 days ago I got more photos. The leather band looks ok but I asked the seller if he would offer an inspection period. He has not replied so far which for me is a bad sign? I am not really interested in it anyway to be honest. I am looking for an unissued beret at the moment with no badge but this one has the cap badge holes so its not for me...

Comment

Hi Des,

Strange he hasn't answered about the inspection period, this may not be a good sign.
                      Did you see if the liner shows the loosely handstiched thread on the inside?
                      If you don't know what I mean, I show a picture of it on my website.
                      Regards, Luc

Comment

Hi Luc,

Well here is his reply. Just got it.

"sorry for delay, i have taken expert advice, & have added to the description, please see/check item now, this Beret is 100% authentic. Money would be refunded if proved otherwise, less my costs"

I dont like sellers with a "Less my costs" sales strategy. If they are proved wrong on an item, i should not have to pay for their mistake.

Comment

If they are proved wrong on an item, i should not have to pay for their mistake.
                          Hi Des,
                          I agree, you should be able to return an item in case pictures or item descrition are poor.
                          "Less my costs" is a bit vague, is that only listing fees or does it include leather from his shoesoles?
                          The white tag sounds ok doesn't it?
                          Regards, Luc

Comment

Hi Luc,

"Less his costs" could include not only the shipping costs, but also the petrol cost to go to the post office, money for his time wasted going to the post office, money for wearing his shoes down , money for relisting the item, money for his breakfast that morning and so on....

Yes, the white issue label was normal. You dont find them on heavily worn berets but on lightly worn or unissued berets, usually they are always there.

Comment

Hi Luc,

"Less his costs" could include not only the shipping costs, but also the petrol cost to go to the post office, money for his time wasted going to the post office, money for wearing his shoes down , money for relisting the item, money for his breakfast that morning and so on....
                              That sounds perfectly reasonable Des, I usually charge my customers for a splash of after shave as well. I want to look my best when I visit the local postoffice.

Luc

Comment

I believe this badge was discussed some time ago, right?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...161291392&rd=1
                                Is it another restrike?

And how about this one, a flawless gem or a good copy:
                                http://cgi.ebay.fr/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...517778739&rd=1
                                Luc
                                Last edited by lnijherald; 03-14-2005, 07:01 AM. Reason: new item found

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 16 users online. 0 members and 16 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X