Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Luc, not one I would buy. I do not like the "flash" that can be seen to the edges of the eagle wings, legs, etc.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Hi Ade,

Thanks for confirming my doubts! What had me confused was the well polished look, that is not very often seen on restrikes.
      Cheers, Luc

Comment

Originally posted by Adrian Stevenson
        Hi Luc, not one I would buy. I do not like the "flash" that can be seen to the edges of the eagle wings, legs, etc.

Cheers, Ade.
        Did they really have what looks like a split pin on the back (I've not studied these items so they're completely new to me).

Mark.

Comment

Hi Mark, yes they do.

British cap badge fittings come in three basic forms;

The split pin type shown in the pic.
          A large lug or "Slider" fitting.
          Twin folding bend over tabs which can be seen on Officers bronze cap badges.

All three types were used in WW2.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Hi Mark,

Cap badges either have split pin or slider; not a way to distinguish fake from genuine I'm afraid.
            Cheers, Luc

Comment

Luc,

I agree with Ade about the flash. Also don't like the full stops between the letters. Will post some pics tomorrow when I can take them in daylight.

Jim

Comment

I'm pretty sure this is a good one, you can see that the full stops are not as well defined. I have a fake with a slider that has those very well defined full stops.
                Attached Files

Comment

Back
                  Attached Files

Comment

Jim, this looks like the one on eBay, same flash, same cast faults.....

Luc

Comment

I think there are a few differences, but I take your point.

Let's hope someone comes along with one that's got known provenance, or even better more than one.

Maybe my fake's the real thing and my real things are fake
                      Attached Files

Comment

I've got one like this; I've been told it is one of the most common reproductions.

Luc

Comment

Hi Guys, bearing in mind that there are going to be more than one maker I suspect, here is one with cast iron provenance. This one was issued to my good friend Sgt Don Turner in 1942 and has not been out of his possesion since. He had it broach pinned for his wife as a sweetheart and she still wears it today

Cheers, Ade,

Comment

Brilliant badge Ade! Is it silver? Good to hear his wife still wears it!

The hooked beak is a good sign I think.
                            Cheers, Luc

Comment

Hi Luc, no the badge is the issue white metal one. The flash makes it rather bright.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Here is a silver one Different again from all the others shown and very detailed.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X