Dunkirk - Film

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kammo man View Post
    This is not about Fury which is a way better Artistic Film.

What you are not seeing is the critics who were payed to give Dunkirk a glowing review.

You really need to see how the studio system works.
    Really? i also thought father christmas was real ? no ?

Comment

The Germans knocked out the Tank and won.

The Amis moved in later.

The Bridge over the River KWAI.
      Now there is a stupid ending.

The Battle of the Bulge
      Rolling petrol drums into Panzers
      Thats a stupid ending.

Its Aint half Hot Mum.

Dads Army

the list is endless.

Comment

Originally posted by Totenhead View Post

You need a pint.
        And a cuddle.

And another Pie an mash.

Comment

Originally posted by kammo man View Post
          You need a pint.
          And a cuddle.

And another Pie an mash.

Comment

There were over 11,000 British troops killed at Dunkirk. Over 300 aircraft from both sides were lost.

200,000 British troops were rescued along with 100,000 French troops.

Churchill would have been sacked if Dunkirk had failed. Appeasement would have followed.

And then what?

Hollywood exists to make money. It's a business.

I've seen the movie. It's made a massive amount of money. Similarly, if the film had failed, Hollywood would be reluctant to make another WW2 film.

Let's be grateful that the film was made.

Comment

You are saying that He is not......????

I suspect kammo man is going to get a lot of coal this year.

Comment

Dunkirk

I have personally known four people who were actually there, not us lot guessing.All this crap about reality Spielberg et al get a grip war is not like Hollywood move on.Perhaps they should have hired a pretty boy? In the old days they hired John Wayne a man who bottled serving his country and let other actors like Jimmy Stewart go and do the dangerous stuff whilst he stayed at home and got the parts.

Comment

Originally posted by Viscount View Post

Let's be grateful that the film was made.
                  AMEN

I think smartest words in this topic.

Seeing british comments devastating their own british theme and history by "plywood and lack of engine" in burning Spit, "Buchon", "Beach" etc - PRICELESS.

Ps.
                  Comments about "Fury" in "Dunkirk" topic and all attempts to comparing both films - more than stupid.

Comment

Got the DVD for Xmas and watched it with surround sound and still it just doesn't do it for me. Glad it was made ok sure, but an excellent masterpiece, not at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Kelly w View Post
                      Got the DVD for Xmas and watched it with surround sound and still it just doesn't do it for me. Glad it was made ok sure, but an excellent masterpiece, not at all.
                      Just watched it again ( for free I might add, I wouldn't waste more of my money on it )

I really feel its one of the worst films I have ever seen

Another laughable flaw I noticed in it this time around is the scene with the gliding Spitfire

When the Spitfire first runs out of fuel and the engine stalls, we see the view forwards from the cockpit, the beach is on the left hand side and the Spit is moving west wards towards the 2 Moles, Kenneth Branagh's character actually looks up and watches it glide past west wards.

In the next scene, hes gliding east wards over the 2 Moles and has managed to shoot the Stuka down !!! and continues eastwards to land on the beach towards the Bray-Dunes

How did he manage to turn the plane around with no engine and glide back in the opposite direction !!! lol

Also, I am pretty certain when Kenneth Branagh's character spots the little ships, hes actually facing south east and looking inland !!!!! have to check that again !

Poor director from start to finish

Complete and utter drivel

The whole film from start to finish makes me cringe !
                      Last edited by Totenhead; 01-07-2018, 10:03 AM.

Comment

Another thing that bugs me, why does the downed Spitfire pilot only seem to use his right arm to try and open the canopy and escape his sinking plane? Its perfectly clear in the later scenes that he has full use of both arms ???

EDIT:

My earlier comment regarding Kenneth Branagh looking in the wrong direction when he spots the little ships is incorrect, just watched it again, he is looking north east

Comment

Another thing that bugs me, why does the downed Spitfire pilot only seem to use his right arm to try and open the canopy and escape his sinking plane? Its perfectly clear in the later scenes that he has full use of both arms ???

EDIT:

My earlier comment regarding Kenneth Branagh looking in the wrong direction when he spots the little ships is incorrect, just watched it again, he is looking north east

Just watched it for the fourth time.... superb

Comment

The Film and Totenhead

Totenhead I will have a pint of whatever you seem to be drinking !!!!! Excellent piece of drama.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyle Harrington View Post
                              Totenhead I will have a pint of whatever you seem to be drinking !!!!! Excellent piece of drama.
                              I think Nicks been drinking too much Russian spirits !!!

I really do not think i have despised a film so much as this one

Comment

I really do not think i have despised a film so much as this one
                                Yet you keep watching..

I think there are many WAF members who won't be happy until a war film is made that is entirely accurate in its depiction. The sets painstakingly recreated from close examination of period photos and eye witness accounts. The uniforms made from period cloth sewn with the correct number of stitches with original thread. Insignia and awards made only with the original stamps and dies and out of the correct materials for a more realistic finish. Perhaps only those actors who endure 60 days of filming during the winter scenes on the Russian front will earn the right to wear the "Frozen Meat" medal. The dialogue will be made up only of lines that veteran's actually uttered. The film will run in real time, 6 years long, although it will be edited shorter for the American market, but there will be a 12 year long director's cut for German audiences.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 26 users online. 0 members and 26 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X