Hunting Hitler series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by herrzark View Post
    the blacked areas are for the show only.They have all the text clear.
    Why block it for the show? IT's in public domain now.

Comment

AS I Thought already redacted before release to anyone.

https://vault.fbi.gov/adolf-hitler/a...-01-of-04/view

Comment

Originally posted by bodes View Post
        Afraid of what?.....
        Really dont know.But you see it and in other episodes.They dont speak easy.It is stupid to know something like that and dont speak so many years.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by bodes View Post
            Afraid of what?.....

Another thing I find interesting is how unremarkable of a human specimen Hitler was, yet people try to convince us they've seen him post WW2....William L. Shirer who witnessed the rise of Nazi Germany and saw Hitler in person, made some interesting observations....He noted just how plain of a person Hitler was, and that anybody who saw him mixed in among the public wouldn't venture another glance.......Bodes
            I enjoyed Shirers epic "Rise and fall of the 3rd Reich" as a kid, he for sure had a great writing style and he was a foreign witness to German history the likes of which is probably unequaled.
            Nonetheless his book is rife with fables and discredited wartime propaganda stated as fact, perhaps to be expected from a book printed a decade or so after the war. He may have said some disparaging things about Hitler which may or may not be true or partially true, even devoting a page or 2 to the "Heil Shicklegruber" thing ,,, But he also often referred to him as a mesmerizing evil genius man of destiny.
            He may have had a front row seat to Nazi history, but like many men who came in or near Hitlers orbit, the only reason anyone ever heard of his name was precisely because of Hitler, so his quips and really most of what he writes should be taken with a grain of salt.

Comment

Originally posted by eldenwaff View Post
              I enjoyed Shirers epic "Rise and fall of the 3rd Reich" as a kid, he for sure had a great writing style and he was a foreign witness to German history the likes of which is probably unequaled.
              Nonetheless his book is rife with fables and discredited wartime propaganda stated as fact, perhaps to be expected from a book printed a decade or so after the war. He may have said some disparaging things about Hitler which may or may not be true or partially true, even devoting a page or 2 to the "Heil Shicklegruber" thing ,,, But he also often referred to him as a mesmerizing evil genius man of destiny.
              He may have had a front row seat to Nazi history, but like many men who came in or near Hitlers orbit, the only reason anyone ever heard of his name was precisely because of Hitler, so his quips and really most of what he writes should be taken with a grain of salt.
              I only used Shirer as a reference.....This opinion could have just as easily been written by someone from Hitler's inner circle.....Point is Hitler had no special physical trait that would make him stand out in a crowd.....Bodes

Comment

Originally posted by Tom B View Post
                I sure wish this would air here !
                It does, what do you mean?
                http://www.history.com/shows/hunting-hitler

Comment

A couple of nights ago I manged to see the rerun of the final show in "Season 1" (not sure if there will be more) ... and I had to laugh again. The dreaded sonar tool was brought in to find a plane missing in a lake. They managed to find "something" that was 20 ft x 10 ft.

"Oh my ... that could be our plane!" ... lol ...

I said to myself here we go again.

They proceeded to get all dressed up in their deep sea diving suites and did the old backwards roll out of their boat into the blue.

It was so funny when they surfaced and were able to stand on the bottom of this 'lake" with water up to their armpits ...

Oh boy. Then the great revelation. This object wasn't a plane after all but just part of some old pier.

Yes ... another hour wasted ....

What was that I said before? Sometimes you just can't pull your eyes away from a bad car wreck

Comment

They use the same recipe as "the curse of oak island" what a load of... and the filthy masses eat it up and believe every word. Because it is on TV is has to be true. J

Comment

Filthy masses?

Originally posted by jacquesf View Post
                      They use the same recipe as "the curse of oak island" what a load of... and the filthy masses eat it up and believe every word. Because it is on TV is has to be true. J
                      Too bad your insults won't ruin the fun of so many who enjoy the show. take it for what it is and enjoy the relics, bunkers, history, and the idea that Hitler had an escape plan. I find it 100 times more tolerable than Oak Island, which has been nauseating with it's repetitive boring narration.
                      Too bad you can't just enjoy it instead of screaming out loud that YOU KNOW it can't be true! Or just turn the dial, and the rest of us will have fun.

Comment

Originally posted by birdie View Post
                        ... and the idea that Hitler had an escape plan. .....
                        Actually there is no proof he had an escape plan nor even had a desire to leave the Bunker. It's everything these these guys are desperately trying to do to convince us he did that's so laughable. I guess the places they show and some of the information that is presented offsets the ridiculous nature of the other 99% of the show.

Comment

Originally posted by birdie View Post
                          Too bad your insults won't ruin the fun of so many who enjoy the show. take it for what it is and enjoy the relics, bunkers, history, and the idea that Hitler had an escape plan. I find it 100 times more tolerable than Oak Island, which has been nauseating with it's repetitive boring narration.
                          Too bad you can't just enjoy it instead of screaming out loud that YOU KNOW it can't be true! Or just turn the dial, and the rest of us will have fun.
                          Really, not my intention to spoil your viewing pleasure, but just as you have an opinion, I also have one. J

Comment

Originally posted by Larry Davis View Post
                            GREAT picture!!!! I am so glad to see that Blondi made it out of Germany alive. This also explains the plethora of EB monogrammed undergarments available these days...since she obviously lived a number of years after '45.

Does anyone recall the days when the History channel actually aired shows about history??

Gary B
                            ANA LM #1201868, OMSA LM #60, OVMS LM #8348

Comment

really?

Originally posted by Darrell View Post
                              Actually there is no proof he had an escape plan nor even had a desire to leave the Bunker. It's everything these these guys are desperately trying to do to convince us he did that's so laughable. I guess the places they show and some of the information that is presented offsets the ridiculous nature of the other 99% of the show.
                              To assume the Germans, who are maticulous, would never conceive of a possible escape plan, seems rather silly to me.

Comment

Originally posted by jacquesf View Post
                                Indeed...

This is light-cheap-commercial history, nothing more. The only thing I enjoy about the show is the beautiful scenery and the old european looking buildings and towns of Argentina. I have a lot of friends from Argentina who, like me, are passionate about WW2 history, and most are laughing their buts off about this charade.

Who knows how many older people, particularly german descendants, were bothered by the show's producers trying to resurrect uncomfortable and sensitive issues.

Sal

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 9 users online. 0 members and 9 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,722 at 03:33 AM on Today.

Working...
                                X