X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not enough swastikas ???

Originally posted by Huntzman View Post
    ...not enough Swastika's ????? ...
    They had a tiled Swastika at the bottom of the damn swimming pool !!!!!!
    Hello Huntzman:
    The swimming pool was my favorite set dressing prop. But I would
    liked to have seen more soldier size troopenfahnen used, but that's just
    based on my own flag collecting perspective focus. I was impressed with
    the mass display of bigger swastika flags. .. ............
    sigpic
    .......^^^ .................... some of my collection ...................... ^^^...

Comment

Do we see purple stripes on Staffenburg's trousers? Did colonels wear the upper command stripe?

Comment

Valkyrie prop uniforms ???

Originally posted by ethreecee View Post
        Do we see purple stripes on Staffenburg's trousers?
        Did colonels wear the upper command stripe?
        I wondered about that too, but if I recall correctly in the movie
        he was appointed I believe Chief of Staff of the Home Army. Thus
        his access to the Armed Forces Commander In Chief - Adolf Hilter.
        And we now all know the rest of that story.
        sigpic
        .......^^^ .................... some of my collection ...................... ^^^...

Comment

I've seen it on the weekend and I was quite impressed. I think they've done an ok job, although I miss Bruno Ganz as the Fuehrer.

The most annoying thing for me was Cruise whispering all the time like a loverman.

Comment

What was the pistole he gave to gen.Beck,, not a PPK?

Comment

Originally posted by FMS-Paul View Post
              We are still waiting for the release .... on January 29th Cant wait !!! ,

I would be surprised if it wasn't already available online and for free .

Pierre

Comment

I just saw it last night and was pleasantly surprised. It was a very good movie in my opinion. The only drawback, Tom Cruise was a little stiff in his performance. I will definitely buy the DVD when it becomes available.

Comment

I just saw the movie. I would rate it at an 8.5 out of 10. The best scenes were the AK campaign scenes!

PG-

Comment

Originally posted by ethreecee View Post
                    Do we see purple stripes on Staffenburg's trousers? Did colonels wear the upper command stripe?
                    Yes, General staff officers were entitled to pants with purple stripes =accurate! Stauffenburg was appointed chief of staff Home army and wore those striped trousers as a Colonel, which identified his position (a Commanding Senior officer attached to the General staff)
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by NickG; 01-06-2009, 01:45 AM.

Comment

This Friedman fellow is a PATHETIC HACK (all-CAPS in hopes that whenever someone googles him, those words show up on the first page of hits).

My main problem with "Valkyrie"- Generaloberst Fromm doesn't wear the Ritterkreuz he received on 6. July 1940. Outside of that, outstanding film. Cruise played the part with appropriate dignity, but did not play v. Stauffenberg as if he were a demigod carved from marble. He didn't seem to inject too much of his own personality into the part (and never admonished any of his co-conspirators for being "glib"). And in the scene where von Olbricht popped a Prozac, he didn't roll his eyes.

~ Mike
                      Last edited by Michael Miller; 01-06-2009, 04:20 PM.

Comment

I thought I would not like this movie because of Tom Cruise but would want to see it for it's accuracy in detail to uniforms and the small stuff like hair styles, watches, you know the little details. But I was surprised that I actually enjoyed Cruise's performance. I don't think that he was over the top in his portrayal. But, I thought some of the main generals in the film had very terrible quality uniforms! That first general who by the way play Heydrich in an HBO movie had a tunic that possibly a Schutze would have worn if he had just returned from the Ost Front after 8 months of living in a trench (save the mud and grime). But I will buy this when it comes out on DVD. Now, I am looking forward to Defiance. The tank that they show in the trailer looks very bad though in that one!
                        Does anyone know if the Panzer IV shown in the DAK scene was real or CGI?

Comment

Valkyrie CGI ???

Originally posted by Scott H View Post
                          ...Does anyone know if the Panzer IV shown in the DAK scene was real or CGI?
                          Tom said on Leno and Letterman that Valkyrie used no CGI props, but I don't think that
                          included the Hitler's Berghof House mountain backed view, maybe it was a matt painting?
                          Last edited by oldflagswanted; 01-07-2009, 06:30 AM.
                          sigpic

Comment

It's not released here in Australia until 22nd of this month. The trailer looks good though. For those who haven't yet seen it, here's a link the trailer. Scroll down to find it.

http://www.yourmovies.com.au/trailers/

Regards,
                            AB.
                            In memory of my Uncle,
                            Schtz.Grenadier KARL HOFBAUER,
                            2 Kompanie, Inf-Bat, 550.
                            Killed in action, Krasnoje, Minsk, 7. Nov. 1942.

Comment

I saw it opening day here at the first showing 11:10AM, the theatre was 90% full.
                              I really enjoyed the movie and thought Cruise did a good job.
                              Steve

Comment

good

I saw the movie last Sunday and really enjoyed it. As many here already stated i was pleasantly surprised and thought they did a good job.
                                Cheers
                                Steve M.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X