Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jody View Post
    Hello,
    Well I and three of my friends saw it today (which included Tony from this forum) in Scottsdale, Arizona. I must say we were all pleased with it. Yes, there were errors, but overall a good film and one I am glad that they finally released.

One thing that I did notice was a lack of Waffen-SS soliders especially at the Wolf's Lair.

It was also nice to see several RKs des KvKs being worn. I especially liked the scenes involving Major Otto Remer.

Happy New Year!
    Regards,
    Jody

Like Jody said, we saw this movie together. Overall I thought it was a good movie. Of course I never listen to movie critics, most of them are morons

Now how about that pool in the movie, wonder if pool builders are going to get any calls for that design

Tony

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Giva View Post
      Mr Friedman might just be the stupidest SOB to be writing for a major, and I use this term loosely, news organization, around today. What an absolute fool of a man. And they give this imbecile a column?
      Personally, I get lightly irritated even when I hear WAFFEN-SS getting thrown in the same political boat as RUSHA and SSTV. Even worse when people believe Wehrmacht army officer's should be acting like death camp guards.

Comment

Originally posted by Darrell View Post
        The amazing thing was how many actors that were used from the three films:

Downfall
        Conspiracy
        Black Book

At every scene, you could recognize all the faces ..

Right at the end, the big fat German General, he portrayed a Party Official in Conspiracy.
        Too bad they didn't spring a few more bucks to get Bruno Ganz to play Hitler.

Comment

2 Thumbs Up!
          Mike

Comment

my wife and i saw it today,and i was suprised that at a 1420 showing the theater was 80% full.
            I was impressed with the uniforms,and the decorations. Fromm's ribbon bar for example was PERFECT.
            One thing that did strike me as out odd was that there were no EK2's awarded alongside the Silver Wound BAdges in the hospital scene

Comment

Originally posted by james s. View Post
              just seen it , it was a good movie did anyone see the preview for the other war movie ? i forget the name of it
              james
              I believe the name of the new movie is Defiance, scheduled for the Fall of 2009.

Comment

Last edited by Ken B.; 04-04-2009, 12:53 PM.

Comment

Went and saw it on Xmas day. Loved it and was impressed with the uniforms,and the decorations as well as the vehicals and equipment. A few members from my Kradrider group were in the DAK scene with thier bikes.
                  Going to go see it again Sunday.

Comment

I saw the movie last night, great movie but down fall still a better movie, just my opinion.

Comment

Saw the movie at the 9:45 p.m. showing on Christmas night. I'm glad we got there an hour early! We got the best seats, but twenty minutes later, wow..it was a mad house for seats. Anyway, I was pleased with the film and thought Cruise did a decent job as did the other actors. The Lt. that played Cruise's adjutant, I was drawn to this character and his loyalty. Can't explain it, but I was. He could of walked away from minute one, but didn't. Loyalty, I'm a HUGE fan of that human characteristic.
                      What I find amusing is the statements of some people that saw the movie and have posted their thoughts on other movie review web sites. Esp. the ones about Hitler's character. Statements like, "his character was horrible" "he didn't portray him very well" "Hitler didn't act like that at all" "he was like, just blank, like no one was home"....
                      Have they never read a book or at the very least seen a documentary on the life of Hitler and how far gone he was in the last year of his life?

Comment

I saw it the Day after Christmas with my Wife and son.. We all enjoyed it.. There were a few historical mistakes, but being a long time weapons collector the main mistake for me was using Current Russian Makarov holsters for the Walther PP & PPKs...BILL

Comment

Saw the movie today - it didn't do as much for me as it seems to have with most of you . . . The scenery was nice, as were the uniforms overall, but it just didn't strike a cord for me.

It was o.k., but I wouldn't skip any other engagement to see it again. After seeing Downfall, I think it will be real difficult to achieve comparable success in my opinion. Not bad, but honestly, I could have waited for the video . . .

Brad

P.S. And sometimes, I actually enjoy Tom Cruise as an actor . . .

Comment

Originally posted by pvluger View Post
                            Personally, I get lightly irritated even when I hear WAFFEN-SS getting thrown in the same political boat as RUSHA and SSTV. Even worse when people believe Wehrmacht army officer's should be acting like death camp guards.
                            Paul,

I am with you all the way - but for a moment, and after reading your comment, I almost felt like I now understand why some people consider us "strange" . . . !!

Brad

Comment

Originally posted by N.C. Wyeth View Post
                              Paul,

I am with you all the way - but for a moment, and after reading your comment, I almost felt like I now understand why some people consider us "strange" . . . !!

Brad
                              Oh trust me, I wouldnt share that little mental doozie with anyone in person. Only with the kind folks of forums such as these.

Comment

Originally posted by pvluger View Post
                                Oh trust me, I wouldnt share that little mental doozie with anyone in person. Only with the kind folks of forums such as these.
                                Good advice!

Brad

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X