Valkyrie-Excellent!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by andrewb View Post
    It's not released here in Australia until 22nd of this month. The trailer looks good though. For those who haven't yet seen it, here's a link the trailer. Scroll down to find it.

http://www.yourmovies.com.au/trailers/

Regards,
    AB.
    Cant wait any longer !! Andrew im sick of looking at the trailer , i need full length feature.

Comment

Originally posted by FMS-Paul View Post
      Cant wait any longer !! Andrew im sick of looking at the trailer , i need full length feature.
      Me too! If I was in around on the 22nd I'd go and see it with you. I'm back on the 24th so if you can hang out till then its a date but no kissing.
      I'll try and bring back a few DVD's of the movie. Speak soon.

Regards,
      AB.
      In memory of my Uncle,
      Schtz.Grenadier KARL HOFBAUER,
      2 Kompanie, Inf-Bat, 550.
      Killed in action, Krasnoje, Minsk, 7. Nov. 1942.

Comment

I have not seen the proper version of this yet (only pirate), but I noticed how little of the footage shot for the AK scenes was used. For those who missed it, here is the link to some photos taken during the desert shoot.
        http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...light=valkyrie
        Overall I enjoyed it, but for me, being british, too many of the leading british characters I recognise from comedy films, and eddie izzard is best known as being a cross dressing stand up comedien, so it was a bit difficult getting used to.! Will see it on the big screen in a couple of weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by andrewb View Post
          Me too! If I was in around on the 22nd I'd go and see it with you. I'm back on the 24th so if you can hang out till then its a date but no kissing.
          I'll try and bring back a few DVD's of the movie. Speak soon.

Regards,
          AB.
          That could be a serious date, YOU..ME..& Valkyrie !!, at least hold my hand . Call me !!

Comment

purple trouser stripes

Originally posted by NickG View Post
            Yes, General staff officers were entitled to pants with purple stripes =accurate! Stauffenburg was appointed chief of staff Home army and wore those striped trousers as a Colonel, which identified his position (a Commanding Senior officer attached to the General staff)
            Thank you very much for the interesting information, WELL DONE!

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Davis View Post
              Hold on gentelmen. You've obviously gotten it wrong. Read this review by a Mr Roger Friedman:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,473079,00.html

Mr Friedman is disappointed with "Valkyrie":

a) Soldiers are "not wearing their arm bands"
              b) the swastikas on the uniforms are too small
              c) there are not enough Nazi flags
              d) the German officers are not cruel enough
              e) an insufficient amount of time is dedicated to the German crimes
              "Suddenly, we have German officers in World War II who are not wearing arm bands."

This is so incredibly stupid. Is this the first WWII movie with German officers he has ever seen?

Comment

I saw the movie with some collector friends from Tombstone this week. I thoroughly enjoyed it. It certainly put a few lumps in my throat. So if Hollywoods goal was to provide entertainment and evoke thought and emotion it certainly hit my chord. WR Jim

Comment

I saw the movie and enjoyed it quite a bit. It was a sobering movie and made you think about the era in a different way. Not that the story was anything new.
                  Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Great show , hard to pick apart

Comment

I (intentially) read a book about Valkyrie before seeing the movie and I did find quite a few little inaccuracies/embelishments, but overall I am a bit surprised at the overall accuracy.

I wanted Tom Cruise to die the whole movie, but that's another story...

Wouldn't say it's my favorite, but it's a decent flick.

Comment

I saw it a couple of weeks ago and enjoyed it very much. My question is, who is the fat field marshal wearing both an RK and PLM who, at the Bendlerstrasse after the attempt, tries to convince the plotters to give it up? I can't figure it out?

Steve
                        ~ The true test of a democracy is how well it protects the rights of its least popular citizens. ~

~ Never cross swords with an unworthy opponent. ~

Comment

Saw it on Xmas Day and again went to see it today. Loved it still and still just about fell out of my seat when eddie izzard walks (I mean swishes) into the mens room. In todays viewing I was looking at uniforms and noticed that all of the signal patches were on the upper arm area instead down around the cuff?

Joe

Comment

Hello there,

So what flaws has everyone picked out? I had thought I read somewhere that Stauffenberg did not meet Hitler prior to the attempt, but in the movie he has him review the Valkyrie documents. Can somebody shed some light on this? I also never saw the DKiG that he was awarded in 1943. I also heard that Beck didn't successfully kill himself with his gunshot and had to be "helped" by a guard.

The uniforms/awards seemed to be spot on and I thought the camouflaged SS guards in the trenches with netted helmets were just awesome! The Berghof looked pretty much identical to the post-card images that I have seen. Why there were backwards swastikas in Berlin is beyond me....

All of us here knew the story prior, but actually visually seeing it re-created was truly special - when that bomb went off it truly depicted that these men just tried to kill Hitler.

Overall, I thought Downfall was a better picture and more lifelike in a sense - Their Hitler was WAY better.

I truly believe that Tom Cruise was not the best pick for the role; a German-accented actor would have been my pick, but they are selling seats.

Can't wait to see Defiance.

William Kramer
                            Please visit my site: https://wehrmacht-militaria.com/

Comment

Originally posted by all1knew View Post
                              I also heard that Beck didn't successfully kill himself with his gunshot and had to be "helped" by a guard
                              Maybe they couldn't figure out a tasteful way to do that scene. It was hard enough watching the executions at the end

Why there were backwards swastikas in Berlin is beyond me....
                              I would imagine that was the "other" side of the flag.

Comment

That's what they get buying cheap repro flags from ebay.

Al

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 5 users online. 0 members and 5 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X