Valkyrie-Excellent!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oldflagswanted View Post
    Here is another cool Hollywood "XX" Hitler Globe to own ???
    He pops that one, remember?

Comment

i saw it today...and as far as im concerned it told the story quite well..not all cinema goers are looking at the metal eagles or the collar tabs.. etc etc...if u are then i think that credit should be given...to those who did a great job in trying to cover all angles of authenticity....cruise is an actor..thats is job...he aint the man..give him a break...nit pick all ye like...but its a movie and it does what it says on the tin..it tells the story....i think that we should all go see it again..(maybe together haha).and then make our minds up....i could list my own personal irks but f**k it...whats the point.....it was better then i thought!....LONG LIVE OUR SACRED GERMANY!

Comment

Saw the movie last night and it was brilliant. Cruise again showed that he is one of the best. Detail of uniforms and the placing of awards on the uniforms was 100%. It’s nice to see producers making the effort to get the detail correct, unlike the move "Boy in Striped Pajamas" which only had a childish single objective to bash the German nation and irritated me with their unprofessional lack of attention to detail.

Comment

Here is that globe story. I couldn't believe that it was true but indeed this idiot thinks that he actually owns the rights to the globes "likeness" .

New York, Jan 3 (ANI): American actor Tom Cruise could end up being sued by a San Francisco advertising executive for using a replica of Adolf Hitler”’’s globe in his movie Valkyrie.
          Robert Pritikin owns several of Hitlers artefacts, including the notorious globe, which the Fuehrer used to plan U-boat attacks from his compound in the Bavarian Alps.
          Pritikin, who had bought Hitlers globe in 2007 for 100,000 dollars, decided to take legal action after he saw a copied version of the globe in Cruises movie.
          Pritikin believes the globe should be used as a teaching tool so the lessons of Hitler”’’s nightmare can keep history from repeating itself, the New York Post quoted investigator Paul Barresi, who was retained to look into the copying of the globe, as saying.
          Dan Hanks who was retained along with Barresi said that he hoped the matter was settled out of court.
          Tom Cruise”’’s use of the globe”’’s likeness without our client”’’s permission was likely just an oversight. We””re confident this will all be quickly resolved out of court, Hanks said.
          Pritikin, who recently put the Hitler items up for sale through businessman Peter Marino, hopes that Cruise may buy them.
          I think it would be a wonderful gesture of good will on Tom Cruise”’’s part to purchase the globe along with all of the other Hitler artefacts owned by Mr. Pritikin and donate them to the Wiesenthal Centre, Barresi stated.
          Hanks added: It would be a hell of a way for Tom Cruise to save the day for United Artists and be a real-life hero.
          Representatives for Cruise and United Artists were unavailable for comments on the issue. (ANI)

I think I might sue Tom Cruise as well. He was wearing a copy of the Iron Cross that has the likeness to one that I own!!!

He must be made to pay for this indiscretion!!!

Al

Comment

Originally posted by Al P View Post
            Pritikin, who recently put the Hitler items up for sale through businessman Peter Marino, hopes that Cruise may buy them.
            Interesting strategy to force someone to buy your stuff. Did Pritikin buy the globe when he heard about the filming of Valkyrie?
            Last edited by Hartigan; 02-01-2009, 07:07 AM.

Comment

I have 2 V.I.P. tickets to the premier tomorrow with Tom Cruise...and cannot go....!!

Coming home from the gym tonight my wife confessed to me that for tomorrow we have VIP-Red carpet tickets to the movie premier here in Mexico City where also Tom Cruise will attend personally....

And I say "confessed", because tomorrow we both have a business dinner and can hardly bail out off !!!!!

AAARRRGGGGGHHHHHH .....!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by markus View Post
                also Tom Cruise will attend personally....
                I am sure you meant Claus von Stauffenberg, right, not Tom Cruise?

Comment

went to it yesterday, excelent movie , good detail to the tunics and awards only almost everyone was wearing a iron cross ^^

can you still visit the wall were they were actualy shot?

Comment

Originally posted by Al P View Post
                    Here is that globe story. I couldn't believe that it was true but indeed this idiot thinks that he actually owns the rights to the globes "likeness" .

New York, Jan 3 (ANI): American actor Tom Cruise could end up being sued by a San Francisco advertising executive for using a replica of Adolf Hitler”’’s globe in his movie Valkyrie.
                    Robert Pritikin owns several of Hitlers artefacts, including the notorious globe, which the Fuehrer used to plan U-boat attacks from his compound in the Bavarian Alps.
                    Pritikin, who had bought Hitlers globe in 2007 for 100,000 dollars, decided to take legal action after he saw a copied version of the globe in Cruises movie.
                    Pritikin believes the globe should be used as a teaching tool so the lessons of Hitler”’’s nightmare can keep history from repeating itself, the New York Post quoted investigator Paul Barresi, who was retained to look into the copying of the globe, as saying.
                    Dan Hanks who was retained along with Barresi said that he hoped the matter was settled out of court.
                    Tom Cruise”’’s use of the globe”’’s likeness without our client”’’s permission was likely just an oversight. We””re confident this will all be quickly resolved out of court, Hanks said.
                    I think it would be a wonderful gesture of good will on Tom Cruise”’’s part to purchase the globe along with all of the other Hitler artefacts owned by Mr. Pritikin and donate them to the Wiesenthal Centre, Barresi stated.
                    Hanks added: It would be a hell of a way for Tom Cruise to save the day for United Artists and be a real-life hero.
                    Representatives for Cruise and United Artists were unavailable for comments on the issue. (ANI)

I think I might sue Tom Cruise as well. He was wearing a copy of the Iron Cross that has the likeness to one that I own!!!

He must be made to pay for this indiscretion!!!

Al
                    That reads to me like a shakedown plain and simple.

Comment

Originally posted by GerardKenny View Post
                      That reads to me like a shakedown plain and simple.
                      That's why they are confident it will be settled out of court. Because it wouldn't last 10 mins in court.

Comment

Originally posted by Wijtman01 View Post
                        went to it yesterday, excelent movie , good detail to the tunics and awards only almost everyone was wearing a iron cross ^^

can you still visit the wall were they were actualy shot?
                        I've seen the memorial plaque on the wall on TV. I assume it is still there.

Comment

They were not literally "put up against the wall" - there was construction going on in the Bendlerblock and I believe they were shot in front of a sand/dirt pile. It was a nice touch that the movie portrayed the dirt pile as well.

Don

Comment

Saw it yesterday.

Enjoyable, good attention to detail, but somewhat disposable in the end. Could have been great like Downfall, but missed the mark a little.

Comment

Well it was released here in the south of New Zealand on the 5th of Feb.

My wife and kids went along with me to it tonight and their response after seeing iy was "very interesting"

To be honest, it is a very good movie and I can not really critise it at all. We all felt it was well worth the money to see it. Especially liked the scene of the DAK 20 MM gun opening up on the incoming P40's, very well done.

Just one question however, I see the director is a Bryan Singer and it was a Bryan Singer production. This is no connection to our Mr B.N.Singer who is a WAF member ??? or have I got the wrong end of the stick ???

Anyway if it is then it is a job very well done and I have no doubts about that,

Chris
                              Last edited by 90th Light; 02-07-2009, 08:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 90th Light View Post
                                Well it was released here in the south of New Zealand on the 5th of Feb.

My wife and kids went along with me to it tonight and their response after seeing iy was "very interesting"

To be honest, it is a very good movie and I can not really critise it at all. We all felt it was well worth the money to see it. Especially liked the scene of the DAK 20 MM gun opening up on the incoming P40's, very well done.

Just one question however, I see the director is a Bryan Singer and it was a Bryan Singer production. This is no connection to our Mr B.N.Singer who is a WAF member ??? or have I got the wrong end of the stick ???

Anyway if it is then it is a job very well done and I have no doubts about that,

Chris
                                Singer is Bry0n, not Bryan

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X