X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

looks nice

Comment

Originally posted by collecter View Post
      An Oberfuhrer was a senior colonel and only had two pips on the shoulder boards,an Oberfuhrer was entitled to wear silver grey lapels of a general on his great coat and a generals silver piped peaked cap.An Oberstgruppenfuhrer had three pips.John
      Thanks for the info John.
      It's crazy with this rank, found 4 rank-tables which shows 3 pips but only 2 rank-tables which show 2 pips. But finally i found another 2 fotos which most likely show 2 pips.
      Will change the shoulderboards anyway with Recon and then add there 2 pips.
      And later on change the panzers to 2 pips, damned i opened those boards to put the wires of the pips between the 2 layers to make them invisible.

The info with the greatcoat i didn't know. Thanks for it.

Robert

Comment

Oberfuhrer

Look at the 1st volume of the Beaver series on SS Uniforms. There are two Oberfuhrer tunics shown, one with the early collar tabs and one with the later version. Both show shoulderboards with the pips. John

Comment

yard sale $10, just had to get it

Comment

Luftwaffe Pilot

Comment

DAK Medical Unterfeldwebel

Comment

M42 enlisted conversion to Infantry Leutnant

Comment

Tunics

Sean,

Great variety of tunics. Thanks for posting. I enjoyed looking at your website photos of the Indiantown Gap events. Spent some time there as an R0TC cadet playing army in the 70s and enjoyed the location.

John

Comment

Originally posted by dcdefend View Post
                    Sean,

Great variety of tunics. Thanks for posting. I enjoyed looking at your website photos of the Indiantown Gap events. Spent some time there as an R0TC cadet playing army in the 70s and enjoyed the location.

John
                    Thanks John!

And appreciate the kind words about the photos also!

Comment

From unionmilitaria via their ebay shop rzmmilitaria.No way could I afford the real thing.I did change the shoulder board buttons for screwpost versions and had to repaint the belt buckle.John
                      Attached Files

Comment

General's Tunic

Very nice! With the ribbon bar, were you trying to duplicate any particular person's awards?

John

Comment

No ,this came with the tunic normally the ribbon bar supplied is quite basic but I was surprised with this one.At a later date I might try and put together a four place medal bar,Imp;EK2,1914-18 honour cross and 25 & 12 year medals based on an original generalmajor waffenrock that I saw on the forum.John

Comment

Originally posted by collecter View Post
                            From unionmilitaria via their ebay shop rzmmilitaria.No way could I afford the real thing.I did change the shoulder board buttons for screwpost versions and had to repaint the belt buckle.John
                            Looks very nice your Waffenrock.
                            Have ordered the pieces for my composed Ribbonbar also by Union-Militaria.

Comment

Comment

I searching for a tailor company (but not in china). Can someone suggest me one ? Pls write me a message

Regards

Felli

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X