No announcement yet.

i wanna see you repro tunics!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

within last 5 years I restyled about 200-300 repro tunics..or more..
    It's amazing..

Last edited by inxis; 07-04-2013, 09:50 AM. Reason: once more pic

Comment

inxis, did you do work on each of those tunics in the photos? If so good work!

Comment

Feldgendarm

This was me in my Janke tunic a few years ago. I have since gotten too fat & old to reenact.
        Attached Files

Comment

SS Panzer Standartenfurher

I'm told this one was made in the 1950's by a tailor who worked on the real deal pre and during the war. Don't have a name or anything more than that, either way display's real nice.
          Attached Files

Comment

I made my own! Budget uniform.. DDR conversion, a lot of time, effort and love has gone into making this uniform and I think people will be hard to tell the differance! Judge fo yourselves however

Comment

Budget Uniform

Thanks for posting. Looks good. Tell us what changes you made to convert it.

John

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by dcdefend View Post
                  Thanks for posting. Looks good. Tell us what changes you made to convert it.

John
                  I had to purchase another DDR tunic, so the two back plates from that tunic could be made into double layered French cuffs and were professionaly machined back onto my primary tunic. I ordered some RED DDR shoulderboards which had 2 pips in side by side. To give a correct hauptman look I reinserted the pips so there was one on each end, then inserted GD cyphers into each board. The cuff title and other insignia were painstakingly hand stitched with well over 5 hours of work gone into securing them there... Strong invisible stitching is my newly found hobby haha. There are 2 neck hooks securing the collar into place in oppose to the DDR single, however I may get rid of this feature as it's slowly mishaping the collar itself. (on this image I have not done up all the hooks.)
                  All the buttons on the tunic have been replaced with Bundeswehr buttons which are 21 1/2 mm wide and have a very, very flat loop in oppose to original or DDR buttons which had a wide hoop. I feel these small hoopoed buttons pull the material tighter and so gives the tunic a very fitting look.
                  I also unpiked the lining across the shoudlers and added extra padding with the use of old sponges and fabric glue.. after the result had dried I restitched the lining and the tiny .5cm added padding really gives a defining look to this tunic.
                  I am hoping soon to have a "slit" made in the back, and using excess material from the lining of a Swedish tunic to maching into the interior of the DDR tunic to prevent the slit from ripping and giving it an overall prefessionally made appearance.

West German braces are used, howeer, I've stitched my remiander surpluss DDR buttons into the braces so they can fit DDR breeches by looping over the D ring and buttoning in but can also button directly onto the trousers.
                  The visor cap is HONGKONGHARRY's own.. But it's a beautfiul cap, despite the fact it's made in China... It's made from Tricot wool and it's insignia is beautifully detailed, not to metion the amazing interior of the visor cap with is flourishing silk and "makers" marked sweat diamond (Richard Lotze) blahblah.. It's beautiful nevertheless... Same with the belt... The Holster however is devoid of any swastikas or other party related insignia and so I believe is probably a European reprouction, the thick, hard saddle qaulity leather is excellant and against the white thread it looks great.
                  To fill the holster I scowered and finnaly found online a Crosman CO2 gun whcih looks exactly like the P38!
                  The boots are West German parade boots with heel plates, a very nice variant to the usual black soled boots as these boots have an amazing tanned sole with a corky-like wooden materialed heel. I am contemplating banging into them hobnails, however, I do not want to deform these beautiful boots.
                  The breeches are a shade darker then the tunic, and they're made from Trikot or Gabadine.. In oppose to the woolen tunic, they're DDR but porbably very recent in terms of production, maybe 1980 or so.

I hope you enjoyed!

Comment

Originally posted by collecter View Post
                    These tunics are from Union Militaria China.
                    Nice tunics. I had just purchased my 1st repro tunic from Joshua at Unionmilitaria myself and was quite happy with it. I tried posting pics but was unable. I guess I don't have enough overall posts to add pics as of yet?

Comment

Originally posted by markarich View Post
                      Nice tunics. I had just purchased my 1st repro tunic from Joshua at Unionmilitaria myself and was quite happy with it. I tried posting pics but was unable. I guess I don't have enough overall posts to add pics as of yet?
                      here are finally some of my pics:

these are at factory before shipping

These are at home with repro medals added.

And finally wearing(shot of breeches as well):

For the price I paid, I was expecting something much worse. Although I'm a beginner, I feel the quality is excellent. The Tricot is quite thick. The cut and lining seems quite authentic for a private purchase G. Assmann label officer tunic. Sizing was very good(I sent my measurements for a tailored uniform rather than choosing off the rack). Joshua at unionmilitaria was more than helpful, returned all my emails and kept me abreast of the entire process(even sending me photos for my final approval before shipment). He was more than willing to customize anything at my discretion. It took 12 days for uniform to be completed and was shipped overnight DHL. I see many people are wary from buying from China, but I had a very pleasant experience and am very happy with the work. Nothing appears to have been purposely skimped on(for example, the collar tabs and cuff titles are all made with aluminum Bullion wire thread). Several extra repro medals and patches were thrown in to the package at no cost as well. I did make sure to keep in contact with Joshua during the process(as he did with me as well) to ensure that all was going as I wanted - I think this helped tremendously to let him know that I was not going to settle for any obvious corner cutting. I'm sure many veterans of this hobby much more seasoned than me could pick this uniform apart(and I do admit there are some flaws); but for the price, apparent quality and customer service rendered, I am more than happy.

Comment

New tunic

Markarich, thanks for posting the photos of your new tunic. Glad to see you got him to sew-in the shoulder boards. That's a nice touch.

Comment

Originally posted by dcdefend View Post
                          Markarich, thanks for posting the photos of your new tunic. Glad to see you got him to sew-in the shoulder boards. That's a nice touch.
                          Thank you for the response. The sewn in shoulder boards are certainly a nice touch. He apparently does that standard with all his tunics.

Comment

New Reichswehr tunic

My very last production for a german fellow :

Comment

Absolutely beautiful Daviken.... awesome work..

Comment

nothing exotic this time, just a simple leut's M36, this will be used for reenacting for dressier purposes. This makes 13 tunics now

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X