No announcement yet.

i wanna see you repro tunics!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just came across this thread and I'll add what I have.

I don't have the budget to collect real period tunics I come on here and drool over what some people have in their collections however I just can't fund it. So I've gone the route of reproduction tunics, I also reenact to they play a double role, some I wear, some I display and some do both. I've recently been working with Bill Bureau who is very well versed in originals and has a huge collection but also puts repros together, of which I am very thankful.

Start off with the first tunic I have, nothing special just an ATF (not texled) I will be working in the next few weeks with tailor to have it altered for a better fit, and will also be picking up an LB or Janke M43 as my primary reenacting.

Comment

Next up is I think an LB M36, I use this as a "Dress" uniform currently for my unit for various period parties/GAP and if necessary if we get into an early war event.

I sewed the breast eagle myself, the angle looks extreme in the photo but is not such in real life.

Comment

My unit has the ability to crew a Panther:
        http://pictures.ww2mv.com/GalleryFil...t=Photo&ci=008

So I picked up a wrap for a crew member impression from Hessian.

Comment

Next up a GD NCO made up for me by Bill Bureau, this one will primarily be a display tunic.

Comment

And lastly a Heer Artillerie Major's tunic also primarily for display, but I've also got trousers and a cap on the way for use as an additional impression if I so choose.

Comment

I'm currently working with Mr. Bureau on a few more tunics/impressions, up next is an SS Captain, followed by an enlisted SS Panzer crew member, Luftwaffe Fliegerbluse and then maybe something DAK.

Comment

Uniforms

Thanks for posting your uniforms. It's always interesting to see how others put together their uniforms. I'm always re-examining mine and changing things I think I can make look better. Sometimes finding good reproduction insignia and awards can be hard. Currently, I'm working on a Heer Generals tunic. I wish someone would make accurate collar tabs.

John

Comment

Originally posted by dcdefend View Post
                  Thanks for posting your uniforms. It's always interesting to see how others put together their uniforms. I'm always re-examining mine and changing things I think I can make look better. Sometimes finding good reproduction insignia and awards can be hard. Currently, I'm working on a Heer Generals tunic. I wish someone would make accurate collar tabs.

John
                  When you get that put together I'd like to see how it comes out, I also would like to put together a Heer Generals tunic in the future.

Comment

Reichswehr tunic by myself:

Comment

Well I got an email the other day and was pleasantly surprised to be informed that my next tunic was on the way, and it arrived today.

Modeled after SS Haupsturmfuhrer Werner Meyer's uniform.
                      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Werner_Meyer_(SS_officer)

Looks fantastic, and is a great addition to my collection.

Comment

Reproduction Police Tunic

I had this tunic (and matching breeches) tailor made. It is made from Swiss Wool that was sold by At The Front about 6 years ago. It is currently listed in the Bazaar as well.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Coast Artillery NCO

My Coast Artillery NCO Tunic

The tunic is a M-40 that was made by Great War Militaria in Chambersburg, PA (This was one of their WWII "Prototype" Uniforms they had made in house). The Tresse is East German Navy. The Collar Patches are Original. The shoulder straps are repro slip ons from The Netherlands.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Well nothing spectacular compared to my last few, but became the owner of a new Janke M43. This thing is awesome, quality is second to none, this will be my primary reenacting tunic now and can't wait to get it dirtied up and broken in. The numbered loops are from GD43.

I've gone from 3 tunics to 7 in a little over a month....It may be a contagious disease.

Comment

Originally posted by MAPMFF View Post
                              Well nothing spectacular compared to my last few, but became the owner of a new Janke M43. This thing is awesome, quality is second to none, this will be my primary reenacting tunic now and can't wait to get it dirtied up and broken in. The numbered loops are from GD43.

I've gone from 3 tunics to 7 in a little over a month....It may be a contagious disease.
                              Janke tunics? Main critical objection to these-Cut like a gentlemans sportsjacket, rightly said i think, by a leading gear firm. No chest darts, non sloping breast pockets....the wool may be very nice, but in my opiniOn janke jackets arent accurate enough and incomprehensibly expensive.

Comment

Sturm m36

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X