• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stunning.......rare and quality birds are there

Comment

Very nice Marcin !! as always !!!

Comment

Thanks Mike Always good word from you.
        It took a lot of time and sometimes a lot of moooneeey to gather these rare birds....

Comment

Any thoughts on this one?

Found in a local antique shop, I believe it is a German WW2 (or associated canteen), but WW1 is my specialty. Wool covered aluminum with leather strap lengthwise around the canteen. None of the leather sewn to the wool. Top of stopper marked "M6/1/40" and the front of the neck has the standard "RZM in a double circle mark over M6/1 over 39 ." But I had to carefully pull back the wool to see below the RZM circle as it is tight to the neck.

The buttons on the wool have the four pointed star pattern that I am used to seeing on WW1 Trench Knife sheath straps. buttons are made by "PRYM." The hanger is marked "HD over 39."

Thanks!
          - Mike

Comment

Strange markings!:
            I guess it's CFL 40, but what the heck is that "2" between CFL and 40???

Some more mystery marking- bottle itself is fine ESB 33, but on the other side there's L.P.D.

Comment

...and one more (this is not my bottle, I found the picture from isnternet!), has anyone seen these markings before?

Comment

No, this is new marking for me, thanks for the info

Comment

Well, the canteen with marking D&FL 37 was believed to postwar in another forum, even though it has the same marking on the straps. The letters and even figures 3 and 7 look different from that photo, but...

Comment

I think that the 2 could be the mounth and the 40 the year

Comment

Originally posted by MULON View Post

I think that the 2 could be the mounth and the 40 the year
                      Are you sure? Or have you ever seen another markings like this? My first thought was that maybe the company, CFL, had some "sub-label" or another producing plant that was marked as CFL2...

Comment

No, I'm not sure, this is only that I think because you can see same/similar marking on others canteen like this mine:
                        Attached Files

Comment

I saw others number and not only the 2 but, I repeat, this is only what I'm thinking, hope in others opinion

Comment

Thanks, Mulon for your input! This figure 2 might be indicating the month of produce, of course, but at the other hand it doesn't seem to make much sense, because I have some canteens/canteen details from earlier and later dates, and even one from 40 without this mysteryous figure between CFL and year.

Comment

More weird markings: bottle itself is WWL 38, but there is additional number stamped partly over original marking 12671. This is seller's photo and doesn't show the exact number, but you can see last two digits. Could it be FP nr?

Comment

Great thread, i have learnt a fair bit from what has been posted, I will post some pics of my collection soon.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X