This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gnadenlose View Post
    An Estonian made cup Tav40 (Tartu Alumiiniumi Vabrik = Tartu Aluminium Factory, Tartu being largest city in Southern Estonia), almost identical to German ones. Probably produced during the short period in 1940 for Red Army (Estonia was under soviet occupation that year). I also have few canteens without covers and straps and have never seen complete set.
    One more "Tav" 40 cup:

This "Tav"40 canteen was found last summer in an old house during demolition works. Canteen had been hidden to the house together with messtin, which had a lot of engravings on it (soldier's name, dates and KF-camp names). On the cap of the canteen there's also an initial of the same soldier. It is really hard to say, wether this piece is custom made or did they originally come out of factory like this. The material of the wool cover is very similar to some German uniform fabric, but the stitching and small sized studs look much like custom made. The rivet from the cap is missing and the only strap is that brown shorty around it's neck. The leather is much softer than German ones. I guess this canteen doesn't have much to do with German equipment, but as it's elements are similar to them and I have never seen an original complete "Tav" canteen this far, I thought it might be interesting to see for canteen collectors.

Comment

Just in:
      Attached Files

Comment

Just in!

What a mind-blowing cup! This must be the most peculiar colour variant out there!
        Well done,
        Grossfuss

Comment

Originally posted by Gran Sasso View Post
          Just in:
          Is that one from ebay ? I wish to have one like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Gran Sasso View Post
            Just in:
            just wow.

Comment

Originally posted by anmarlodz View Post
              Is that one from ebay ? I wish to have one like that.
              Yes - I was surprised I got it for a fair price...

Comment

Hello,
                That tell: Luftwaffe or Luftschutz???

Comment

Here is the newest one I purchased at an estate sale.
                  Attached Files

Comment

ESB41 marked cup and SMM41 marked canteen.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Ciao a tutti
                      Always beautiful canteen are there, congrats to all.
                      Now I have a question about one canteen that I picked up for my collection.
                      I bought this one from the best dealer (IMO) of the world.....EBAY
                      There is a nice canteen in VGC, matching RFI41/42, 1liter with early type alu cup and green cover. Love it
                      Good, now my question is what do you think for what branch of army was issued? I have my idea, but I'd like to listen your's thought about it.
                      Thanks, Giancarlo.
                      Attached Files

Comment

GBJ? Nice canteen Mulon

Comment

Mulon's new beauty is typical GJ imo

Comment

hello can say someone to me something to this canteen LS ? LW ?
                            Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by helmut01 View Post
                                hello can say someone to me something to this canteen LS ? LW ?
                                Luftschutz

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 14 users online. 0 members and 14 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X