This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Willi Zahn View Post
    One being worn by FJs of the Ramcke Brigade shipping out for North Africa in the summer of 1942.
    neat picture and canteens Willi !! what is that scorpion patch on the arm ??

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Kuligowski View Post
      what is that scorpion patch on the arm ??
      Michael, the 1st Kompanie of I./ FJR3, which was known as Kampfgruppe von der Heydte and part of the Ramcke Brigade, wore the scorpion patch.
      Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

here is what is remains of 1200 canteens I bought back in 2004 and little over 400 of them were unissued 1ltr bottles most of them had the covers still on them.

they were all stacked up in a horse stall in Austria ! the crappy part is she told me she had a stall full of helmets that she sold the year before to a gent out of Germany.

Esbit
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by esbit View Post
          here is what is remains of 1200 canteens I bought back in 2004 and little over 400 of them were unissued 1ltr bottles most of them had the covers still on them.

they were all stacked up in a horse stall in Austria ! the crappy part is she told me she had a stall full of helmets that she sold the year before to a gent out of Germany.

Esbit
          some serious flask action there. are there pics of the 400 quality condition ones, by any chance?...and what does one do with so many...sell them one by one, keep them, give them to musuems...? what?

Comment

I sold most of them online and at reenactments after we put straps and cups on them .
            I will see if I have any photos of when we bought them.

that photo was taken in our shop the day of the posting

Esbit

Comment

A stack full of helmets...I heard of similar stories in Russia, warehouses full of german WWII equipment, uniforms, weapons... a dream for most of us...

Comment

the sheer size of that haul is awesome...im sure even now that kind of quantity is still just the tip of the iceberg....only 65 years ago.

Comment

The last big deal I found was 2 triwalls of M36,M43 & m44 US suspenders I just havent seen any large lots of German gear in some time now.

Comment

The middle one is big ? for me. It's unmarked and the most mysterical aspect of it is it's weird colour. Could this be postwar (BDR etc) or something else?

Comment

...The middle One is laquered in it´s typical Postwar Polizei or BGS Color. Typical is also that it is not Date or Manufacture stamped.

Andy

Comment

Laquered canteens

I have seen different colors on the enameled canteens, red, green and a blackish blue. I can't see the two pics in the last post but I am curious what color are you talking about that is a typical postwar. I thought the steel enameled ones were only 43-late war.

Comment

Canteens

I believe this type of canteen is for HJ/DJ, but this one has no rzm mark and the cover is Luft blue/grey?, according to Angolia's book the HJ covers were black and olive green?
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Fritz Luther View Post
                            I have seen different colors on the enameled canteens, red, green and a blackish blue. I can't see the two pics in the last post but I am curious what color are you talking about that is a typical postwar.
                            I hope this will help you: http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/a...imetops002.jpg
                            These are all regular alu cups, the middle one has steel handles.

Comment

Long time ago I tried to ID this black monster, but unsuccsessfully. Let's give it another try. The 1l medical is there for comparision, so that you can see the size of the weirdo, I think it might be around 2l. The neck and cork bring in mind WWI era, but there are also some details that look rather post-WWII. And it's near mint so I guess it can't be very old. No markings. So what is this???

Comment

Look likes luftschutz canteen, is it?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X