• Show
Clear All

Close-up views...
    Attached Files

Comment

CLose-up of the marking on the tang.
      Attached Files

Comment

Medical canteen without long strap, if the cap is also marked WAL43 there is nothing wrong IMO

Comment

Thanks Mulon! I appreciate the help. The cup is not marked.

Comment

Unmarked? Really? interesting, not easy to find unmarked alu cap.....

Comment

Small collection of my canteens

Best Regards, Piotr.

Comment

Comment

Very nice Piotr
                  Great Canteens.

I will make a pic of all my examples when I have time.

This is one I have found last Saturday. Really great enemal example in really mint condition. I am very happy with it!

Regards Jim
                  Attached Files

Comment

Super mint Jim, congrats

PIotrS.....nice example are there, for two of them I'm ready to sell my left hand

Comment

Comment

In my collection I found 3 types Al canteens caps (all pre-war)

middle one is higher

and Al caps tower

Comment

Interesting comparison

Comment

wow, what a thread, 36 pages about canteens! Todd, as for your "WAL" canteen. Mulon is correct. nothing wrong with it. the cup you have on it is the cup that was issued with it. I too have a "WAL43" canteen (typical continental style though) that is marked "WAL43" on the wool cover, leather strap and neck. the cup is identical to yours. I looked for a "WAL43" cup for years, searching hundreds and hundreds of examples and although I found a few early dated WAL cups I never saw a '43 or later marked version. when I see an all marked "WAL43" they are always just as yours, black paint and unmarked cup. for whatever reason they stopped stamping the cups at this point. so in my opinion yours is a factory direct example. Glenn

Comment

Glen, thanks for the information on the canteen.

Comment

Curdoroy

Here is one of my latest purchases and a friend told me they used a lot of the Curdoroy material in Afrika. I know the harness are usually for the coconut canteens can anyone give me some background on this one? Is this an early experimental prior to the coconuts? Harness marked from what I can see HRE 41 and the canteen is DNN 42. No idea on cover marking yet as I have yet to hold it in my hand.

Last edited by Fritz Luther; 01-03-2011, 02:17 PM. Reason: mispelt

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X