Heinz Macher and Fritz Witt grouping.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spanish Freiwillige View Post
    Robb did you see any helmet with holes in it???

The one that was shown looks way to neat to be a rusted helmet like the one that was comented by SS3
    Yes, there also was a damaged helmet. But only with DNA testing you could be sure with those items...

Comment

Originally posted by rob NL View Post
      Yes, there also was a damaged helmet. But only with DNA testing you could be sure with those items...
      so there were two helmets....

I guess maybe has a bit of a chance ...was it a SD or DD? what model?

Dou you happen to have photos of these items??

It would be very interesting to see them!!

Comment

Originally posted by DonC View Post
        Did this grouping ever see the light of day online, or was it just being flogged to a select group?

Don

Kai Winkler, more-or-less carefully 'planted' the information into the market
        about 3 years ago that he had just bought the group of a commander of the
        12. SS-Pz. Division 'Hitlerjugend'.

In my case I talked to him one day, mentioning that I had just bought some
        items from the estate of a Sepp Dietrich family member. He immediately started
        talking about his latest purchase, mentioning to many, many items.

He offered me to visit him, but turned me down a couple of time when on
        visit in Germany. Never had time. Avoiding me?

When I wanted to buy several hi-end documents, he told me straight to
        go with my money elsewhere...

I heard from several people here on WAF who haven't posted that he did
        the same 'game' of heating up the market, not selling and increasing mistique
        with many others. It was all very, very exlusive and he would not want to
        sell, he wanted 'to keep and enjoy' this group, as he put it.

In the meantime the market heated up. And everybody who called him
        or visited his shop in the past always heard e.g. that he had just gotten
        it the day before!

That's the MO: Creating desire and exclusivity to have better-off customers
        shell out the money to satisfy their egos (I include myself).

I'm a dedicated LAH collector, as many here know, but this group is way
        too contaminated to ever be desireable for my standards.

Btw, the whole case also shows how rare such groups are!

Markus

Comment

maybe for the sake of the true items, if there are any, if somebody knows beyond a doubt which are they, they should be listed

Myabe as SS3 said some itmes are outthere that belonged to Witt, but which are they amongs all this krapola!!!
          Last edited by Spanish Freiwillige; 07-16-2012, 05:00 PM.

Comment

Some of the other things ....
            Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

I bet that 50% of these pieces are already sold.

Comment

like it has been said, how many collectors are out there that buy blindly based on a good story by a dealer and are nowhere near a cumunity like this.....

Comment

Originally posted by Spanish Freiwillige View Post
                        like it has been said, how many collectors are out there that buy blindly based on a good story by a dealer and are nowhere near a cumunity like this.....
                        There are plenty of collectors out there like that has to be. And the one thing they have in common is they have more money then brains. That has to be the truth cause they keep doing business with these dealers. I'm with the other member who said he thought the Internet would shut down these guys. But it didn't cause they won't use it instead they just believe these BS stories the dealers give them. If this didn't have the potential to hurt the whole collecting community I would say they get what they deserve. But this will trickle down and hurt us all in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by rob NL View Post
                          I talked briefly to Kelly, he is on a vacation. I will ask again how it happened. Maybe I'm mistaken.
                          Kelly knows his SS stuff also, so I am not worried.
                          More to follow.

Hi Rob,

Have you taked to Kelly again after his vacations?

Does he still feel comftable with the story he was told,
                          the picker claiming the complete JSB tunic of Brosow had
                          survived in the attic together with an M43 field cap and
                          an officer's belt?

All these uniform items always get found after the
                          original owners have past naturally...

I still feel that tunic looks a lot like the set Winkler had
                          for sale about 11-12 years ago...

Markus

Comment

Originally posted by markus View Post
                            In the meantime the market heated up. And everybody who called him
                            or visited his shop in the past always heard e.g. that he had just gotten
                            it the day before!

That's the MO: Creating desire and exclusivity to have better-off customers
                            shell out the money to satisfy their egos (I include myself).

Markus
                            Well, Winkler isn't the only one who does this. There is a certain well-known Texas dealer who does the Texas show circuit and will always tell you "I just got this the other day" when you look at one of his items - even if you had seen it on his table at gun shows three and fours years running...

Don

Comment

Sounds like these dealers got all this worked out to the T. I wounded if practice didn't make perfect?

Comment

Originally posted by markus View Post
                                Hi Rob,

Have you taked to Kelly again after his vacations?

Does he still feel comftable with the story he was told,
                                the picker claiming the complete JSB tunic of Brosow had
                                survived in the attic together with an M43 field cap and
                                an officer's belt?

All these uniform items always get found after the
                                original owners have past naturally...

I still feel that tunic looks a lot like the set Winkler had
                                for sale about 11-12 years ago...

Markus
                                Yes, I did. The story does check out.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 13 users online. 0 members and 13 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                                X