No announcement yet.

ribbentrop waffen ss tunic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just to clarify, you're talking not about my tunic, but about Ribbentrop Jr's tunic, correct?

Comment

Yes

Yes, big difference between JvR and RvR's Tunic. JvR has great provenance. Now does anybody know the price yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
        Now does anybody know the price yet?
        As I understand Herr Doktor Mr Gottlieb's posts he didn't even mean it to have a price at all .... he merely wanted it to appear on his gallery.

Ian

Comment

I'd buy it, hadn't my neighbour mentioned recently that he's
          considering to sell his house...and one has to set priorities in life.

Comment

Craig your tunic is fantastic. The tunic of his son is the one with many questions.

To the rest who cares how Craig does business or personality traits ff dealers..we are looking at historical tunics here not who has them and how they do business..for the first time I think I am actually witnessing jealousy in action...
            and who cares what kind of person von Ribbontrop was...Goering was a drug addict...Hitler a sociopath.. Speer a lemming ... the whole Third Reich heirarchy had mental issues...but thier uniforms and regalia are still historical collectibles.

Comment

Originally posted by John Pic View Post
              Craig your tunic is fantastic. The tunic of his son is the one with many questions.

To the rest who cares how Craig does business or personality traits ff dealers..we are looking at historical tunics here not who has them and how they do business..for the first time I think I am actually witnessing jealousy in action...
              and who cares what kind of person von Ribbontrop was...Goering was a drug addict...Hitler a sociopath.. Speer a lemming ... the whole Third Reich heirarchy had mental issues...but thier uniforms and regalia are still historical collectibles.
              Well said John. A brilliant piece of history that Herr Gottlieb has there. I am imagining it must have cost him well over 100K?

Comment

Originally posted by Koguryo9 View Post
                Well said John. A brilliant piece of history that Herr Gottlieb has there. I am imagining it must have cost him well over 100K?
                I think paying Usd 100 k nowadays and more so as a dealer would
                have been a mistake, commercially speaking...one of the finest pieces
                out there though.

Comment

Craig you had POR on tunic at first but then changed your mind I think?

Comment

for sure some remember the slightly mothed Gen. tunic and greatcoat that was found in some NY attic some years ago, I assume it was also a named piece? It was then offered at one of the SOS or MAX show. Sold very high, so this one would fetch way more for my view. But all is about the time and everyday someone get out of his bed who might be willing to spend his money.

Comment

you talk most perhaps abaut Karl Maria Demelhuber set.

Comment

I had to seriously step up to the plate for this one, and don't intend to sell it right now. I have lusted after this piece since the late 1990s (not healthy, I think). And Robert: you're thinking about the Hildibrand Tunic and Overcoat, which was indeed found in an attic. Wolfe and Hardin have that now.

Comment

ss

Originally posted by besslein View Post
                          you talk most perhaps abaut Karl Maria Demelhuber set.
                          That's a GREAT set !!

M

Comment

Just something of interest as we dont get to see Allgemeine SS pieces with 2 shoulderboards very often,the only one Ive handled was my Fulda Werra coat.

Now Ive spoken to Dave Delich on this he then checked several examples with double boards that he owns,some were mirrored some not.As with Craigs piece it demonstrates although MIRRORED Allgemeine boards DID exist and WERE used,but theywere not always used!
                            The boards {Correct me if Im wrong Craig }are not mirrored in Craigs photos{both boards are exactly the same}.Since so many right boards for allgemeine were around as they used only one side prewar,I believe tailors, even in the case of High ranking officers used both right side boards on tunics/greatcoats,as with Craigs piece and examples in Dave Delichs collection also.I cant attest for my greatcoat as the left side had been restored postwar to a right side board.Let us also look to wartime photos of high ranking General SS for clues also.
                            I do not believe it was up to the officer as some have said ,why would they not want the proper mirrored boards?I do believe it had to do with availibility to the tailor at the time.As even himmler had both styles on his uniforms at different times,mirrored and non If I recall correctly.If it was an early war tunic it stood a chance of having either 2 rights or a mirrored set,just in relation to the issue of wartime mirrored boards,so In retrospect,both ways were done reguardless as General SS boards were not NEARLY as present as Waffen boards,and mirrored ranked for A-ss only came in 2 rank style boards,Sturmbannfuhrer to Standartenfuhrer and Oberfuhrer to Obergruppenfuhrer { reichsfuhrer which is same braid just with oakleaves}
                            Last edited by wewelsburg; 11-21-2011, 12:59 AM.

Comment

I will check the boards tomorrow and let you know. Also, I was not talking about the Demelhuber group, but indeed about the Hildebrand set. There could have been, however, multiple "finds" out of the woodwork last year.

Comment

Originally posted by panzer1432 View Post
                                That's a GREAT set !!

M
                                Ref; Demelhuber grouping

Yes it is Mike.....

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X