• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by besslein View Post
    agree!!!!!!
    WOW thats a first!

Comment

Originally posted by John Pic View Post
      I am amused at people trying make negative comments about such a historical and 100% real uniform in excellent condition...I prefer Waffen SS over Allgemeine myself and combat over dress..but this is a serious piece of history and there is nothing negative to say about it ....
      Oh you could own the whole LAH division's uniforms and someone would complain here.

Comment

Quite an amazing historical piece. Now if you could find one of the tunics from his son, WOW...what a family display! Congratulations on this superb aqu sition,truly a spectacular and rare tunic with provence and named.

Comment

Stephen Wolfe has the sons light weight tunic...but IMO it was restored post war...still a nice tunic with historical value.

Comment

Originally posted by panzer1432 View Post
            Craig,

Who the heck is the lady sarge in those photos ? Geez, why didn't they get a smokin' hot babe to help sell Ribbentrops stuff.

Mike
            Well, Betty Grable and Rita Hayworth were busy that week.

Comment

Tunic

Stephen Wolfe has the sons light weight tunic...but IMO it was restored post war...still a nice tunic with historical value.
              I agree !

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by wewelsburg View Post
                Oh you could own the whole LAH division's uniforms and someone would complain here.
                Not only would they complain...but they would express doubts as to it's authenticity.

Richard

Comment

Beautiful tunic Craig..congratulations !!

when I win lotto I'll be giving you a call

Comment

...Craig promised me to bring it to Kasel for my X-Mas...
                    Pieter
                    SUUM CUIQUE ...
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by groucho View Post
                      I would rather see his son Rudolph's SS Panzerjacke or Officer's Tunic! Greg

Rudi claims that the officer tunic shown in Beaver's book was definitely not his. He wrote so in a letter recently....

Comment

"and finally got the chance to sell my soul for it!"

From what I have gleaned from this forum you have already done so, grannies false teeth spring to mind.

I can provide some insight as to Ribbentrop's relationship with the SS. Ribbentrop was for the most part, a social climber and opportunist. A "pretty boy" from a "nice" family, who was, for all of his social-aspirations, looked down upon by most of the Nazi brass. He was known as a dolt, though his success in gaining Hitler's love until the last hours, casts doubt upon that. His IQ was 128, right in the middle of that of the rest of the Nuremberg crowd.

Your insight!!....A description straight out of a christmas cracker, crass and pathetic.

"I actually bought that tunic for myself, and wanted to put it in my "Gallery" - and unfortunately, the "POR" came up by accident"

Lol! Slippery Fingers.

Comment

Markus....I would be inclined believe SS veteran von Ribbentrop...I have been told by another old time California collector the tunic was purchased stripped and later restored only the word of the first collector who had it as to who it belonged to ...apparently it was bought with a story attached but no proof.

Comment

Markus....I would be inclined believe SS veteran von Ribbentrop...I have been told by another old time California collector the tunic was purchased stripped and later restored only the word of the first collector who had it as to who it belonged to ...apparently it was bought with a story attached but no proof.
                            Herr Pic, it may have been in the hands of a Mr. Jim Atwood at one time. Atwood may be the source of the uh ahem eeerrrr "Provenance"...gag choke.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                              Herr Pic, it may have been in the hands of a Mr. Jim Atwood at one time. Atwood may be the source of the uh ahem eeerrrr "Provenance"...gag choke.
                              !!!!

Mike

Comment

Actually I was told who it came from he is a respected older guy...never saw him on the forums he frequented the Bellflower shows for years and years.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 4 users online. 0 members and 4 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X