No announcement yet.

ribbentrop waffen ss tunic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes it was the Hildebrand set, and remember W&H spend the money for it. But for my taste the RIP tunic is way nicer :i)

Comment

Having been the most recent previous owner of this tunic I can tell you the provenance is unbroken from the time this tunic was captured along with the other SS items in the famous photos until now. The tailoring and insignia have no equal once seen in hand. The pants are also mint. The eagle glows----- almost. The cuff band is beyond any fake. I am happy to have owned it these recent years but have moved on to something very much more useful to my whole family, I hope! I let go of some other very nice items as well. I am sure they will surface in due time. I wish Craig all the best as the new owner.

Comment

You mean the eagle glows in a good way right?haha.

Comment

Duke: I do thank you for letting this go. I ended up getting it through a very complex, multi-party exchange, but I am so happy I ended up with it. You're absolutely right when you say that the Staff Band knows no equal. I've never seen a piece of embroidery that surpasses it.

Comment

Only under a black light

Originally posted by wewelsburg View Post
            You mean the eagle glows in a good way right?haha.

Comment

Ribb

Originally posted by Craig Gottlieb View Post
              Duke: I do thank you for letting this go. I ended up getting it through a very complex, multi-party exchange, but I am so happy I ended up with it. You're absolutely right when you say that the Staff Band knows no equal. I've never seen a piece of embroidery that surpasses it.
              That says it all, cause Craigie has seen some nice stuff !!

Mike

Comment

I have seen a couple of nice items. And yes, the eagle "glows" as in, it's "glowing" (so in a good way).

Comment

I love happy endings....

Comment

Close - but no cigar!

Here's a picture of me holding the same Ribbentrop tunic 10+ years ago. (Look, mom - all natural-color hair!)

This was as close as I came to owning it, but I just couldn't swing the $55K price tag and the owner was not interested in any partial trades...
                    Attached Files

Comment

passiert?

I would be more impressed if you put it on for the photograph. Although you look Fit, I am not sure it is your size..........???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGWbt3DSje0
                      Attached Files

Comment

I remember 10 years ago at MAX, it was a lot more than $55,000 I guess I shouldn't have been wearing a fancy watch!

Comment

What a historic tunic in minty condition with rock solid provenance going all the way back. Just Tops.
                          Congrats Craig

-wagner-

Comment

Yes a really fine and original, investment grade tunic, one especially
                            appreciates even more after reading through militaria fakes like this
                            one here:

http://wcstumpmilitaria.blogspot.com...39-part-3.html

I wonder if the item was ever returned for a full one million dollar refund?!

Comment

Markus has anyone answered for that or attempted to explain what its all about?

Comment

Originally posted by John Pic View Post
                                Markus has anyone answered for that or attempted to explain what its all about?
                                Hi John,

No, not that I know, but I just found this on the web. Explains a lot
                                about the hobby. Not my league anyway. I prefer low-end originals
                                over high end fakes.

Anyway, Craig's tunic is proof there's still good stuff out there well
                                worth the money. One just has to know his stuff and do his homework.
                                Only spending money does not do it at all.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X