No announcement yet.

SS Panzer Grouping .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Painting??? Don´t you just mean a retouched photo?

Comment

Originally posted by Ludwig View Post
      Painting??? Don´t you just mean a retouched photo?
      I cant tell Ludwig , and I will not take it out of the glass .

Comment

No, just leave it original mounted. It really doesn´t matter anyway, as long as the tunic is 100% original. Do you know the story behind how come he had the tunic at home? Perhaps he had more than one tunic and this one just happened to be at home as the war ended?

Comment

It doesn't really matter if its not THE one in the pic, Kolenga would have gone through a few over his service career. Awesome find!

Comment

Please post a better picture of the strings, I m getting curious about Lorenz's doubts

Comment

Originally posted by Hardigan View Post
              Nice paperwork indeed ! But it's obvious that the wrapper is not the one in the portraitphoto , sorry .

It’s about time! TGN brought this to light in post #79.

B. N. Singer

Comment

Originally posted by Lorenz View Post
                Could be interesting also see a detailed picture of the rayon strings, from the picture posted they dont seams to be correct...
                ?? Lorenz , I sent you pics trough E-mail , you replied that you wanted more .
                I asked you to specify what you meant with the rayon strings and you didnt answer .
                Now you ask it again on the forum , so I will ask you again , explain what you want to see , since your doubting the wrapper .

Comment

Originally posted by B. N. Singer View Post
                  It’s about time! TGN brought this to light in post #79.

B. N. Singer
                  We were all waithing for your input B. N , thats why nobody replied !

Comment

Originally posted by Ludwig View Post
                    No, just leave it original mounted. It really doesn´t matter anyway, as long as the tunic is 100% original. Do you know the story behind how come he had the tunic at home? Perhaps he had more than one tunic and this one just happened to be at home as the war ended?
                    Ludwig , I checked his SB , he was in and out the Lazaret the last years , so I guess thats why that wrapper survived , I did post the letter were in it said that he had sort of an cleaning job or something , I think that he couldnt do that much because of his injury .
                    I know that he was very proud of his duty , looking at the painting (?) , the cushion for his awards , and the fact that he had a signed copy of that postwar SS book .

But I dont know exactly , unfortunatly I didnt meet him myself .

Regards , Rob.

Comment

No need to rely on the chicago "experts", to try and compare the tunic to the one portrait is a joke.
                      Even if it was a "spare" why dress it up as worn in the photo?
                      To read all the plautids lording this as original makes one realise as to why this "hobby" is totally bollocksed.

Comment

Originally posted by billcarson View Post
                        No need to rely on the chicago "experts", to try and compare the tunic to the one portrait is a joke.
                        ...Christ! it even fooled the "mad injun".
                        Well “ugly “ (when you have to shoot, shoot, don’t talk), I just wonder why it took so long to comment on the obvious.
                        B. N. (one of “the Chicago “experts””) Singer

Comment

Even if it was a "spare" why dress it up as worn in the photo?
                          To read all the plautids lording this as original makes one realise as to why this "hobby" is totally bollocksed. Christ! it even fooled the "mad injun".
                          So your saying its a fake wrapper?

Comment

Originally posted by B. N. Singer View Post
                            Well “ugly “ (when you have to shoot, shoot, don’t talk), I just wonder why it took so long to comment on the obvious.
                            B. N. (one of “the Chicago “experts””) Singer
                            Now then "old fella" you know its more fun to watch people cut their own throats.

Comment

Now then "old fella" you know its more fun to watch people cut their own throats.
                              Ya but geez, all you need are eyes (even my half blind ones)!
                              B. N. Singer

Comment

Originally posted by rob NL View Post
                                So your saying its a fake wrapper?
                                I seem to remember not long ago someone trying to peddle a similar garment that was supposed to have seen Kharkov and the Ukraine to name but few.
                                Where do you suppose that this fine specimen was once worn?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 8 users online. 0 members and 8 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X