SS Panzer Grouping .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i am laughing here.

what a jalouse people here and they know all better with there one deschler totenkopf .

rob fantastic piece and stop posting further information.

regards johan

Comment

Originally posted by anniekaa View Post
      many people think when they look at this thread ,what the h,ll is going on here?
      the person that did show his beautiful item becomes a bad taste in his mouth from comments that have nothing to do with the wrapper or the group together.
      personel vendettas brings a bad reputatie to this forum.
      fight them out on your own ground or pm,s

tonnie
      You know what the good part is ? I didnt even pay for the group .
      It was just the wrapper with some docs , it wasnt sold as a grouping to me .

Thanks for your support.

Comment

Originally posted by johannes post View Post
        i am laughing here.

what a jalouse people here and they know all better with there one deschler totenkopf .

rob fantastic piece and stop posting further information.

regards johan
        Yes , it seems that your right .

Thanks !

Comment

Originally posted by rob NL View Post
          Are you not the guy that was sending me PM's so you could fly over and pay me in cash ?
          That you was the guy I should ask around about that you were the man that pays good money ?

Did my lack of reply made you change your mind ? Or do you just like to jump on the wagon ?
          Exactly, I jumped right on the Bandwagon with everybody else. Hey, I never said I was perfect ask my Ex- Wives !! Don't worry about me though, right before the Money changes hands I get real Focused.

Did the Person you bought the "Grouping" from tell you it was the same as the Wrap in the Portrait? Did you pay extra for that belief?

I wish the Posting of this Grouping had worked out better for you.

Comment

and yes there we have docter strangelove again

johan
            Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
            Exactly, I jumped right on the Bandwagon with everybody else. Hey, I never said I was perfect ask my Ex- Wives !! Don't worry about me though, right before the Money changes hands I get real Focused.

Did the Person you bought the "Grouping" from tell you it was the same as the Wrap in the Portrait? Did you pay extra for that belief?

I wish the Posting of this Grouping had worked out better for you.

Comment

What makes you question my remark that it is NOT a photo but a PAINTING ?
              How can you see this ? Please answer this .

Also , are you saying that this tunic was made POSTWAR ?

Because it appears to be a studio photo (it may have been touched up a bit which was common)..What makes you say it is a painting?

Anyway,the wrapper in the photo is not the wrapper that you have in hand.

Do you not find it odd that the insignia,award loops,award ribbon,rank pip etc are in the exact same location as in the period photo? Even though it is a different wrapper.

Considering that they are not the same,then what would be the chances of that? If the owner owned 2 wrappers of the same rank.

Just food for thought of course and also very common to "dress up" a jacket to look like one being worn in a period photograph.

Glenn
              "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

Comment

Thanks guys , I sure now that it wasnt such a good idea , and I fully understand the feeling amongst members here to not post their items .
                Look there is nothing wrong with your grouping; in fact it is wonderful! Thanks for allowing people to see it.
                The simple fact is however, the jacket is NOT the one that is in the picture, end of that Very Short story.
                Now, if you had no thoughts that they were the same, no comments made here should upset you in any way. If however, you were under the impression otherwise (that they were the same), then yes, I can see where you would have a sinking feeling in your gut.
                B. N. Singer
                Last edited by B. N. Singer; 01-31-2010, 03:44 PM.

Comment

Considering what this guy went through from 1/1/44 to 5/45, I would think he wore out his original wrap.

It's obivous the wrap (late war IMO) Rob has shows little if any wear. The photo looks to be taken in the late spring of '44 when the Abt. was reorganizing as he is wearing his EKI awarded for his actions at Cherkassy/Kovel but is still wearing the BWB

He was wounded 2 more times..to what extent?
                  Last edited by SJP; 01-31-2010, 04:41 PM.

Comment

What makes you question my remark that it is NOT a photo but a PAINTING ?
                    How can you see this ? Please answer this .

Also , are you saying that this tunic was made POSTWAR ?
                    It seems to me that you have parted with a tidy sum for this "grouping" the main emphasis being the tunic. Am I right in thinking that you believed that you were buying the tunic shown in the touched up portrait? If so I think it would be wise of you to send it back forthwith.

Comment

كمبوتشيا الديمقراطية ينبغي تعليق لاسم الدعوة..

I think no hasty decision should be made since...we have seen in the past how photos distort things ....remembering the Alfred Arnold tunic sold by PvL...I still like this set and apologize for the distractions...

Comment

Hello Rob:
                        My opinion still the same about the grouping. GREAT It is still 100% real so no need for matching photo of it in wear Please share more of your collection and do not mind negative statements
                        Francisco

Comment

Originally posted by John Pic View Post
                          كمبوتشيا الديمقراطية ينبغي تعليق لاسم الدعوة..

I think no hasty decision should be made since...we have seen in the past how photos distort things ....remembering the Alfred Arnold tunic sold by PvL...I still like this set and apologize for the distractions...
                          Huh? stick this in the Arabic translator and it comes out as:

"Democratic Kampuchea should be a suspension of the name of advocacy"

Comment

Well..it seems unanimous that this isn't the wrap in the photo...but, then there is me. I am not convinced it is not the same wrapper and I will tell you why.

I have a particular stug wrap with a photo of the former owner wearing it. Unfortunately it's in a Soldbuch and rather small. I had it professionally enlarged, because I was not convinced it was the same as pictured. It took a lot of time and repositioning of the wrap to get it to sit on a mannequin like it does on a live person. Then the wrap had to have numerous adjustments of the collar, sleeve, lapels, etc. Then I had to find the exact level and position of the original photographer. I never got it perfect, but was able to get a position where you could see it was the exact same tunic. It took dozens and dozens of photographs.

A friend repeatedly told me it was not the same wrap. Up until I got the angle right, and then he helped convince me.

Here is Glenn's comparison photo, which he did a great job on. I say the soldier in the photo wearing the wrap is leaning into the camera. This is easily seen because it appears you are looking down at his badges as they angle away from you. That can change the shape of the lapels, collar tips, tab shape, it can change the width and length of anything. It is all perspective.

Here is Glenn's comparison shot.
                            Attached Files

Comment

2. To compound this further, the camera taking the photo of the photo, is angled away to cut down reflections from the glass covering the photo.
                              Attached Files

Comment

3. The current photo of the wrap is also taken from the perspective of being below the wrap, with the upper part angled away from the view. This also changes shapes, widths, and lengths.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 21 users online. 0 members and 21 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X