This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by john mack View Post
    Political correctness is like a cancer that has spread all over the world . In the effort not to offend other we are going to eventualy loose our freedom to choose what we want to do and wear . It is sad
    Cheer up John: no political correctness when im about

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=he7gRDTzmjE

Comment

Everyone he named were soundly defeated. Guess the best uniforms don't make you the best solider.

Comment

"Everyone he named were soundly defeated. Guess the best uniforms don't make you the best solider. "

I believe Lemmy said that the WW2 Germans and Confederates had the best uniforms? As to your statement I think you confuse the soldier with the nation. Both WW2 Germany and the CSA were defeated as they were overwhelmed by numerically larger/ better supplied foes. But the individual soldiers - pound for pound - that's quite a different matter. Let's consider Stonewall Jackson's Shenandoah Valley campaign in 1862 - 15,000 Confederates wiped the floor ("whipped" in the terminology of the time) with 60,000 better supplied Union soldiers. His campaign is studied (with wonder) at West Point even today as one of the marvels of military history.
        Similarly in WW2 during the North African campaign the British High Command had to effectively reprimand their forces for using (as an excuse for a local defeat) that they ran into Germans (rather than Italians) such was the high regard for the German troops. At the time some considered the German Afrika Korps to be 'elite troops', but they weren't, they were basic Army units! Later at Kasserine Pass in 1943 the Americans got a taste of the Afrika Korps when 22,000 DAK troops met 30,000 Allied troops and "whipped" them inflicting 5 times as many casualties as they themselves suffered despite being outnumbered!
        In a nutshell, whilst the CSA and WW2 Germany were defeated by numerically superior foes, 'mano-a-mano' they were mean soldiers and worthy adversaries and will be remembered as such as long as history is studied - and they had the best uniforms.........

Comment

Originally posted by PaulW View Post
          "Everyone he named were soundly defeated. Guess the best uniforms don't make you the best solider. "

I believe Lemmy said that the WW2 Germans and Confederates had the best uniforms? As to your statement I think you confuse the soldier with the nation. Both WW2 Germany and the CSA were defeated as they were overwhelmed by numerically larger/ better supplied foes. But the individual soldiers - pound for pound - that's quite a different matter. Let's consider Stonewall Jackson's Shenandoah Valley campaign in 1862 - 15,000 Confederates wiped the floor ("whipped" in the terminology of the time) with 60,000 better supplied Union soldiers. His campaign is studied (with wonder) at West Point even today as one of the marvels of military history.
          Similarly in WW2 during the North African campaign the British High Command had to effectively reprimand their forces for using (as an excuse for a local defeat) that they ran into Germans (rather than Italians) such was the high regard for the German troops. At the time some considered the German Afrika Korps to be 'elite troops', but they weren't, they were basic Army units! Later at Kasserine Pass in 1943 the Americans got a taste of the Afrika Korps when 22,000 DAK troops met 30,000 Allied troops and "whipped" them inflicting 5 times as many casualties as they themselves suffered despite being outnumbered!
          In a nutshell, whilst the CSA and WW2 Germany were defeated by numerically superior foes, 'mano-a-mano' they were mean soldiers and worthy adversaries and will be remembered as such as long as history is studied - and they had the best uniforms.........

YEAH !! What Paul said ...... Rings true..

Comment

All this and no mention of Chuck Testa?
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJP1DphOWPs

Comment

nice thread.... here is a x-mas gift for all collectors

http://img694.imageshack.us/slidesho...270a728512.jpg

Comment

Working in Boston, I have heard that Kurt Schilling has a substantial collection. Never seen it. I notice the Motorhead guy said "the bad guys." At least he's not wearing the stuff for the wrong reason. However, I would never dream of doing such a thing. More sensitivity required if you don't know everyone in the room personally.

Comment

Originally posted by KM-NZ View Post
                  Very sad, its like that all over the world , jews, muslims etc benefit of this PC what tells us what to do and wear, I am sick of it for one .....
                  Is it really such a sacrifice?? We aren't talking about something that happened in the Middle Ages but in VERY recent history. I ran into a camp survivor about 10 years ago. Saw the tattoo on his forearm. I would have felt like s*** if I had been wearing anything SS related!

Comment

Lemmy

Let's put things in perspective - In 1938, Adolph Hitler appeared on the cover of Time magazine as "Man of the Year". Did they know that the holocaust would occur? Of course not. When a young man joined the SA or SS in 1934, did he know the holocaust would occur? Highly doubtful. When the holocaust DID occur, there were many SS men who were NOT in agreement with such policies, but could do little to stop it. Those who WERE in agreement that Jews should be killed, apparently bought into the theory that Jews and Bolsheviks were basically one and the same, so they were perceived as the enemy. Not a justification, just an explanation. Identifying onesself with a particular group does not automatically mean that you're in agreement with every thing they ever did. While wearing your Third Reich jewelry, should you receive a negative comment, simply reply that you identify with PRE-WAR Nazi Germany, ask the offended person if he or she is a hater, and then give them a lecture on why he or she should mind their own business. Being told what you should wear or collect by some loser, ESPECIALLY in a band called "Disturbed", is.............well,........disturbing!!

Comment

Originally posted by sgstandard View Post
                      Let's put things in perspective - In 1938, Adolph Hitler appeared on the cover of Time magazine as "Man of the Year". Did they know that the holocaust would occur? Of course not. When a young man joined the SA or SS in 1934, did he know the holocaust would occur? Highly doubtful. When the holocaust DID occur, there were many SS men who were NOT in agreement with such policies, but could do little to stop it. Those who WERE in agreement that Jews should be killed, apparently bought into the theory that Jews and Bolsheviks were basically one and the same, so they were perceived as the enemy. Not a justification, just an explanation. Identifying onesself with a particular group does not automatically mean that you're in agreement with every thing they ever did. While wearing your Third Reich jewelry, should you receive a negative comment, simply reply that you identify with PRE-WAR Nazi Germany, ask the offended person if he or she is a hater, and then give them a lecture on why he or she should mind their own business. Being told what you should wear or collect by some loser, ESPECIALLY in a band called "Disturbed", is.............well,........disturbing!!
                      I am certainly not saying all SS guys were war criminals. It was declared a criminal organization by the Nuremberg tribunal but IMO that is an overly broad, inaccurate generalization. However, pre-war Nazi Germany (the State, NOT all the people) has plenty to be ashamed of- Dachau, Kristallnacht, and forced emigration just to name a few. Sure, "the Jewish-Bolshevik Menace" was certainly something that was preached by some but there were many theories and policies that were solely anti-semitic. Eugenics comes to mind-I don't recall seeing Nazis measuring the noses of communists.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfcastle View Post
                        Working in Boston, I have heard that Kurt Schilling has a substantial collection. Never seen it. I notice the Motorhead guy said "the bad guys." At least he's not wearing the stuff for the wrong reason. However, I would never dream of doing such a thing. More sensitivity required if you don't know everyone in the room personally.
                        sensitivity and motorhead do not belong in the same room, let alone paragraph

some of you people are just toooo serious

i wear an iron cross on my leather jacket. some people like it; others get all weird and upset.

they are welcome to try and rip it off my jacket if it upsets them that much

Comment

Originally posted by wolfcastle View Post
                          I am certainly not saying all SS guys were war criminals. It was declared a criminal organization by the Nuremberg tribunal but IMO that is an overly broad, inaccurate generalization. However, pre-war Nazi Germany (the State, NOT all the people) has plenty to be ashamed of- Dachau, Kristallnacht, and forced emigration just to name a few. Sure, "the Jewish-Bolshevik Menace" was certainly something that was preached by some but there were many theories and policies that were solely anti-semitic. Eugenics comes to mind-I don't recall seeing Nazis measuring the noses of communists.
                          God help me

time to turn up my Motorhead album

Comment

"I DON'T RECALL THE NAZIS MEASURING THE NOSES OF COMMUNISTS." ??? Who said anything about measuring the president's nose?

Comment

Originally posted by sgstandard View Post
                              "I DON'T RECALL THE NAZIS MEASURING THE NOSES OF COMMUNISTS." ??? Who said anything about measuring the president's nose?
                              Give it up, will ya?

Your politically-charged snippets have really become quite tiresome - go find a Political Forum already . . .

Comment

Lemmy

Please delete this thread.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X