No announcement yet.

SS-Oscha. Klosterhuber's SS tunic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here are some authentic embroidered TDBs. It looks to me that this is the style that these fake pieces are trying to emulate.
    Attached Files
    Looking for a 30 '06 Chauchat magazine.

Comment

Originally posted by AntiqueWW2 View Post
      The TDBs are ok, i had one very similar at a Group what i owned and got straight out of the Soldiers Hands including a Picture from him wearing it. There Field Tailor spent 2 Days getting it done for him, and he left it on his Tunic till the End of the War. Sadly that was nearly 20 years ago and i don't own the Group anymore. But will try to get a Picture from it. Here is one other very similar Example......i am not worried about the Badges rather then the Fact he has 2 of them. Never seen 2 of them in Wear, and i am not so sure Klosterhuber even was awarded with 2. And there you are absolute right Jeff, without any solid provenance i would not want any Fieldmade TDB.
      Good picture Robert. That one certainly is very similar. Puts it into the maybe category for me.

Comment

ok...now which one is better. Any good Tailor is able to make them....no provenance.....bad luck. One thing is a fact, in the Klosterhuber Group is not a singel provenance or evidence he has worn them, or was awarded with 2 TDBs. Everything else....who knows. Yours Jeff looks great
        WWW.EDELWEISS-ANTIQUES.COM

Specialized in Uniforms, Mountain Troops and Heeresbergfuhrer

Comment

Originally posted by AntiqueWW2 View Post
          ok...now which one is better. Any good Tailor is able to make them....no provenance.....bad luck. One thing is a fact, in the Klosterhuber Group is not a singel provenance or evidence he has worn them, or was awarded with 2 TDBs. Everything else....who knows. Yours Jeff looks great
          The ones I posted are not mine, just ones posted on the forum over the years.

Comment

Very interesting
            Thanks very much Jeff V & AntiqueWW2

Comment

I had three, still on a piece of the tunic, along with a Hauptsturmfuehrer collar tab pair and sleeve eagle on piece of same tunic.

These were stolen from me and appeared in an article of Military Advisor, written by WAF member Tom B, after they were stolen. He has no knowledge of where he got the photo (????). Sadly, someone is happy to own my stolen items.

This is a photo from the Military Advisor article written by WAF member Tom B. I hope his memory improves.

These were obtained from the veteran who brought them back and I know they are original.

Bob Hritz
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Bob Hritz; 04-17-2020, 08:34 PM.
              In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Hritz View Post
                I had three, still on a piece of the tunic, along with a Hauptsturmfuehrer collar tag pair and sleeve eagle on piece of same tunic.

These were stolen from me and appeared in an article of Military Advisor, written by WAF member Tom B. He has no knowledge of where he got the photo (????). Sadly, someone is happy to own my stolen items.

This is a photo from the Military Advisor article weitten by WAF member Tom B. I hope his memory improves.

These were obtained from the veteran who brought them back and I know they are original.

Bob Hritz

Disgusting, I hope karma exacts a hard toll on the SOB thief. Thanks for sharing nonetheless Bob, that’s an incredible cutoff.

Comment

Bob - thanks for sharing, that is a great photo. Am sorry to hear that someone took that wonderful example. Hopefully the eyes and ears of the WAF can shed some light, at least some day.

Yes, my question remains about the named tunic. Where is the evidence that he received a second TDB? You would think if he survived the war and his soldbuch was clearly up to date, it would record a second wouldn't it? Or there would be some record of it somewhere? Maybe not, but it is still an interesting question that is not answered.

Comment

Curious do those of u talking about the ribbon bar placement ever own a tunic? Um they can slide back and forth if the loops holes are sewn closer together than the ends of the pin itself.Some more generous than others.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick E View Post
                      Curious do those of u talking about the ribbon bar placement ever own a tunic? Um they can slide back and forth if the loops holes are sewn closer together than the ends of the pin itself.Some more generous than others.

Maybe they can slide left to right, but probably not up and down. On the Soldbuch photo ribbon bar is actually on the pocket flap touching the pocket botton. I don't think how that discrepancy from actual tunic can be attributed to photo angle and viewing illusion.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Hritz View Post
                        I had three, still on a piece of the tunic, along with a Hauptsturmfuehrer collar tab pair and sleeve eagle on piece of same tunic.

These were stolen from me and appeared in an article of Military Advisor, written by WAF member Tom B, after they were stolen. He has no knowledge of where he got the photo (????). Sadly, someone is happy to own my stolen items.

This is a photo from the Military Advisor article written by WAF member Tom B. I hope his memory improves.

Bob Hritz
                        Bob, he is really claiming that someone gave him the photo and he wrote an article about a photo? Is he still a current member here? Does the article give credit for the photo? When was the article written?
                        Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Willi,

Military Advidor Volume 14, Number 2. 2003, page 30.

Member name id Tom B

I contacted him and he has no recollection. There is no credit on the photo.

Bob Hritz

Comment

Here is a better photo of the stolen cutoff. Also, the title page from the article showing my stolen cutoff.

Bob Hritz
                            Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for that picture Bob. I guess I was wrong and these are an accepted variant! Hopefully you will get your badges back someday!

Comment

Originally posted by cossack1648 View Post
                                On the Soldbuch photo ribbon bar is actually on the pocket flap touching the pocket botton. I don't think how that discrepancy from actual tunic can be attributed to photo angle and viewing illusion.
                                Ribbon bars have the pin behind them and you don't necessarily need to have loops to place them.You can move them where you prefer

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X