Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS-Oscha. Klosterhuber's SS tunic

Hello everyone,

We got SS-Oberscharführer Klosterhuber's field tunic consigned a few weeks ago. The owner stated it came about 35-40 years ago from his widow. He even knew Klosterhuber when he was still alive but he was not ready to sell it to him.

We had some copies of his Soldbuch given to us and thought there could be chance that Klosterhuber wears the same tunic on his Soldbuch photo. Unfortunately, the photocopies were not clear enough and we had no idea who owns the original Soldbuch.

Thanks to a fellow forum member (http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...t=klosterhuber ) we now have a good-quality scan of the Soldbuch photo and it looks indeed that Klosterhuber is wearing exactly this tunic!
    We are not talking about the missing EK2 ribbon on the photo but the tunic itself. He also seems to wear an officer's rune tabs and large rank pips and there are many more details...

What do you think?

<p>
    www.ratisbons.com +++ www.ratisbons.com
    <p>

Tunic

Now that is amazing!

Comment

Sorry, but I do not believe it is the same tunic. The way in which the NCO tresse has been sewn in the corners is different and the whole tresse looks much neater on the original photo than it does on your tunic.
      Just my opinion of course.
      Martin

Comment

Would be interesting to know if there is any kind of Proof what links this Tunic to Klosterhuber, beside the Story from the Seller. I see just a restored SS Jacket, and sure not the one he is wearing on his Soldbuch Picture (Collar wrong shape, tresse complete different). Trick17, take some Items of someone add a Tunic what could match.....and you have a high value Group with no real proof at the end.
        WWW.EDELWEISS-ANTIQUES.COM

Specialized in Uniforms, Mountain Troops and Heeresbergfuhrer

Comment

Some of the old photos lack detail.
          The comparison photos are all pitched at different angles.
          It may have been rebadged going by the runic tab and the
          addition of the "3"
          Those panzer knacker badges are a first for me!

Comment

The Field Made TDBs are great, dont see anything wrong with them. But i dont think the rest is all untouched period work. I think with a Price above 5k and someone claim he got it from the Vet, then i would like to see something proofing that. But thats me......

Comment

Thanks for your comments, everyone. We tried to take pictures in the right angle but it is so hard to "hit". Here are a few shots. Even the wrinkles are identical.

Comment

Yes they look identical.

Comment

Different Tunic, and it is restored. Sorry to say, but this is what i see there. This Thread i have seen countless times at works of art like this one......

Very nice restored SS Tunic to me, with rare TDBs on it. But with no real proof that it belong to Klosterhuber its nothing more then that. But there should be more then just one Picture of his Solbuch out there where you can see him in his Tunic, maybe someone has some Pictures from him....that would help a lot.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by AntiqueWW2; 04-15-2020, 05:01 AM.

Comment

Sorry antiques but you missed the subject .This is how is sewn the eagle to this tunic.Completely different by the others you posted.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Not the way its sewn, but the Thread used....that is what i mean here. Same goes for the CT. I see here a restored Tunic, nice one indeed but restored. In the typical Fashion restored with Thread i have seen several Times in the past. Pictures i posted should just show the Thread, sorry when i didn't wrote that clear. As well as the Picture from his Soldbuch, to me not match at all the Tunic posted. Similar, but not same.

Originally posted by Francesco View Post
                      Sorry antiques but you missed the subject .This is how is sewn the eagle to this tunic.Completely different by the others you posted.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by AntiqueWW2; 04-15-2020, 05:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by AntiqueWW2 View Post
                        Not the way its sewn, but the Thread used....that is what i mean here. Same goes for the CT.
                        I can't get how can you see the same thread on these out focused photos?!

Comment

What about this thread?
                          Attached Files

Comment

It is what i see, only my Opinion here. Again, to me a real nice original SS Jacket what is restored, with real nice TDBs what i love. But if something is linked to a Group, it should be possible to proof that too. And a Picture from a Solbuch what to me not matches, is a bit thin...

I can't get how can you see the same thread on these out focused photos?!

Comment

Whats with the Thread from the EK2? Different Thread? To me absolute same Thread. Possible Klosterhuber did that...after the War 99.9% removed there Insignias, and hide them somewhere. My Grandfather did that with his SS Tunic. All is possible here. The Question was is it the same Tunic as on the Picture from the Soldbuch, there i don't see it. I hope someone comes forward with some more Pictures from him.

I just point out what i see. Discussion never hurts.....

What about this thread?
                              Last edited by AntiqueWW2; 04-15-2020, 05:35 AM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X